Lead Software Developer (C++)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe
Category: Software Development
Do you want to be the Lead C++ Developer of a growing team of highly intelligent back-end developers? You'll be learning and collaborating together to build something amazing that will delight our users. If you are looking to lead a team and still be hands-on, this is your perfect job.
Your role will be to work with the VP of Technology and the Product Owner to build the next generation of Synergy, leading the development of core-components, user interfaces for our desktop apps, e-commerce website back-end, and our cloud infrastructure. You'll be leading a team of highly intelligent software developers, learning and collaborating together to build something amazing that will delight our users. As well as being hands-on with development, you will be providing technical leadership and mentoring to a small but growing team of developers. Your project management skills will be essential to making sure your team is making the right thing, as well as making the thing right. To learn more about Synergy, see our Synergy Roadmap.
Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over 2 million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 10.4 million viewers. It's also used at some pretty neat companies like Apple, Pixar, Disney, Google, Amazon, and many more. That said, we're actually a very small company of 20 people, so you won't get lost in the crowd.
- Lead team of C++ developers.
- Get results from objectives and goals.
- Act as a role model to inspire and motivate team members.
- Build trust and strong communication.
- Delegate effectively to team members and help them overcome obstacles.
- Maintain low-level system components.
- Contribute to our open-source projects.
- Share your ideas with the whole team.
- Try out new technologies and innovate.
- Code using test-driven-development.
- Testing your own code thoroughly.
- Ensure that your team engages with users.
- Delegate escalated support tickets to the team.
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Excellent English communication skills
- Professional development experience:
- Win32, Carbon, and/or Xlib (all 3 would be awesome, but not required)
- Maintenance and improvement of a complex codebase
- Memory management
- Low-latency networking
- Development experience on at least two of these OS:
- Linux servers (we host our apps on Linux)
- Test-driven-development, unit testing, integration testing
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to the opportunity to get to know you personally! Apply via the application form
For a referrer to be eligible for the discretionary $500.00 USD referral reward (in exchange for referring a successful applicant), candidates must include the name and email address of the referrer on their initial job application. Referral information cannot be added later on in the recruitment process. We will assess the referrer's eligibility and if they qualify, then we will purchase an online gift voucher for them. After being hired, the applicant must remain hired for at least three months, at which point we will issue the online gift voucher. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and we may be limited by which gift voucher services we can use. Our decisions are final.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈