Lead Frontend Engineer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Splendid Spoon is experiencing spectacular growth as more consumers explore plant-based eating and a desire for their meals to be delivered directly to their doorstep. We need your help to build the next generation of web apps that will allow our customers stay informed, in control, and delighted on their journey to better health through plant-based food.
We’re looking for a talented engineer who will specialize in building browser-based applications for external and internal customers. We develop and operate a custom ecommerce platform, so you’ll be able to shape the technical foundation of both our frontend technology and the functionality of our backend services, which are developed by a talented team of external developers. Our Engineering team works primarily on East Coast time, but this role is fully remote and open to applicants located anywhere in the US.
- Collaborate with product and design teams to spec & build new features into our custom e-commerce platform that delivers plant-based meals to thousands of customers each week.
- Collaborate and mentor a distributed team working on our web application.
- Help us define frontend architecture and patterns that allow us to develop future functionality quickly, cleanly and correctly.
- Participate in the definition and roadmap of our API team.
- Advise the tech organization on frontend tools and frameworks.
- You’ve built stateful, interactive browser-based applications using ECMAscript, CSS3, and HTML5 from specification to deployment and support.
- Can discuss the details of using a modern frontend framework: React, Vue.js, etc, even if you’d recommend against deploying one.
- You’re comfortable bouncing between architectural thinking and getting your hands dirty implementing features and squashing bugs.
- You’re comfortable working on a small team, which sometimes requires responding to issues outside of normal working hours. (Note: As an engineering organization, we maintain humane on-call practices)
- Small team of close-knit, supportive employees who are passionate about each other and improving people’s experience with food
- We’re a small engineering team; you’ll have an outsize impact on the future direction of our tech stack and culture.
- We’re customer-focused: doing what’s best for the customer wins arguments at Splendid Spoon.
- Competitive salary + generous PTO policy
- Free weekly Splendid Spoon meals!
- Annual stipend to build your ideal remote work environment
- Team wellness classes and events
- Company-sponsored virtual hangouts
Splendid Spoon is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideartion for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, gentics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈