2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Survey 160 is a software product designed specifically to conduct surveys via text message (SMS) conversation. The technology bridges a gap emerging between telephone interview methods — which are increasing expensive on a cost-per-interview because of declining response rates — and online panel interview methods, which often struggle to reach particular audiences of interest. Such audiences may include small geographies, customer lists, or defined segments of the electorate.
Our customers include high-profile Democratic political campaigns at the national, state, and local levels, progressive advocacy organizations, and brands. We launched in 2018, based on research conducted with Harmony Labs in New York, and later contributed meaningfully to political/advocacy research efforts in 2018. The company began scaling in earnest in early 2019, having received support from New Media Ventures as well as Higher Ground Labs. Together, we are building new infrastructure for progressive survey research to ensure high-quality data at an affordable cost is available to campaigns and advocacy organizations.
Survey 160 seeks a Lead Engineer to be a cornerstone member of our small but growing team. Survey 160 is a software company which provides polling and research services, specifically for data acquisition using SMS.
The Lead Engineer will manage our technology stack, working with the company leadership to build out a robust, well-designed, scalable platform. This role is ideal for someone with experience and/or interest in early-stage software projects, extensive coding skills, and who is a self-starter looking for experience managing a small team, but we encourage people to apply even if they are not sure they meet all the requirements
- Oversee full stack development and maintenance, specifically setting infrastructure roadmaps and helping set engineering/product strategy in coordination with the CEO and CRO; the Lead Engineer will spend significant time coordinating, writing and QC’ing code.
- Remotely lead three contract members of our growing engineering team, ensuring high quality and on time deliverables.
- Contribute to the codebase in keeping with our product roadmap, including expansion of our Services and SaaS offering of our data acquisition product.
- Help develop product roadmap, informed by client feedback and platform performance. This includes discovery and risk assessment.
- Ensure a stable product that can keep up with large spikes in usage expected during peak moments in the 2020 campaign season
- You enjoy writing, reviewing, and documenting code, and get excited about improving tools and processes. This includes version control and ensuring a long term stable product.
- Ability to develop and support distributed, scalable software systems in a production environment.
- Comfort working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams.
- Mission driven and belief in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.
- Highest degree of integrity, specifically with respect to access to sensitive client information/data.
Additional skill sets that are of value, but are not required include:
- Familiarity with devops protocols with a tech stack that features a Python backend, React JS frontend, postgresql database hosted on GoogleCloud, and Twilio APIs.
- Experience working collaboratively with teams of engineers, product managers, and other key stakeholders.
- A desire to gain project and team management skills, with the support of the CEO & CRO.
- Exposure to quantitative research processes and survey data sets.
Survey 160 is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!