Lead DevOps Engineer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: Software Development
- Minimum of 4 years of total experience to include a minimum of 1 years of web or software development experience.
- Experience automating the provisioning of environments by designing, implementing, and managing configuration and deployment infrastructure as code solutions.
- Experience delivering scalable solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Message Queues, and CloudFormation Templates.
- Experience with deploying and administering kubernetes on AWS or GCP or Azure.
- Capable of designing secure and scalable solutions.
- Strong *nix administration skills.
- Development in a Linux environment using Bash, Powershell, Python, JS, Go, or Groovy
- Experience automating and streamlining build, test, and deployment phases for continuous integration
- Experience with automated deployment technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience administering automated build environments such as Jenkins and Hudson
- Experience configuring and deploying logging and monitoring services - fluentd, logstash, GeoHashes, etc.
- Experience with Git/GitHub/GitLab.
- Experience with DockerHub or a container registry.
- Experience with building and deploying containers to a production environment.
- Strong knowledge of security and recovery from a DevOps perspective.
- Experience as a Lead Engineer
- Experience with RabbitMQ and administration.
- Experience with kops.
- Experience with HashiCorp Vault, administration, and Goldfish; frontend Vault UI.
- Experience with helm for deployment to kubernetes.
- Experience with CloudWatch.
- Experience with Ansible and/or a configuration management language.
- Experience with Ansible Tower; not necessary.
- Experience with VPNs; OpenVPN preferable.
- Experience with network administration and understanding network topology and architecture.
- Experience with AWS spot instances or Google preemptible.
- Experience with Grafana administration, SSO (okta or jumpcloud preferable), LDAP / Active Directory administration, CloudHealth or cloud cost optimization.
- Experience with kubernetes-based software - example - heptio/ark, ingress-nginx, anchore engine.
- Familiarity with the ELK Stack
- Familiarity with basic administrative tasks and building artifacts on Windows
- Familiarity with other cloud infrastructures such as Cloud Foundry
- Strong web or software engineering experience
- Familiarity with security clearances in case you contribute to our non-commercial projects.
- Not only you get to join our team of awesome playful ninjas, we also have great benefits:
- Six weeks paid time off per year (PTO+Holidays).
- Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
- Free PPO/POS healthcare for the entire family.
- We pay you for every hour you work. Need something extra? Give yourself a raise by doing more hours when you can.
- Want to take time off without using vacation time? Shuffle your hours around in any pay period.
- Want a new MacBook Pro laptop? We'll get you one. If you like your MacBook Pro, we’ll buy you the new version whenever you want.
- Want some training or to travel to a conference that is relevant to your job? We offer that too!
- This organization participates in E-Verify.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!