Lead Backend Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
We are WorldFans and our mission is to revolutionise the paid-for content space by helping Influencers and Content Creators monetise their fans and connect with them on a deeper level. We provide popular individuals a platform to maximise their earning potential and provide exclusive content to certain followers through subscriptions, live streams, and much more.
We're on the hunt for a Lead Backend Engineer to join our growing development team. You will help to shape the future of our backend development; to own and drive best practices, improve processes, provide support across the team and contribute meaningfully to the long term vision of WorldFans. As a key member of the team, you’ll bring the expertise and experience to help to plan, architect and lead projects from inception to delivery. You will lead a development team to design, develop & deliver new features to an innovative, world-class platform that pushes the boundaries of what our customers can achieve.
- You are a highly skilled engineer, who is always looking to further your craft
- You have expert levels of knowledge with PHP on the backend, and preferably using Laravel
- You have commercial experience working with Doctrine
- You'll have a strong understanding of AWS
- Experienced with building and delivering ready-to-scale applications
- Confident working with cross-functional, agile and continuous delivery environments
- Interested in advising or implementing practices that promote DevOps
- Successful with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership
- An expert and trusted adviser to the business; willing to support and mentor your team to success
- 5+ years of backend development
- Expert knowledge of PHP, with experience in Laravel
- Understanding of SOLID principles
- Proficiency with Doctrine
- Experience designing and implementing a scalable architecture
- Experience working in a high traffic, B2C product-focused technical environment is desirable
- Strong people management and mentoring experience - we want you to help shape and develop our people
- Excellent communication skills - you can build relationships and manage multiple stakeholders
What we offer
- £70-90K+ DOE
- Apple tech package + $500 for Home office set up
- Deliveroo credits for lunch in the office
- Remote working - UK based
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈