(Junior) Python Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
Position Title: Junior Python Developer
Department: Software Development
Reports To: Python Development Team Lead
Employment Type: Full time
Hours of Work (Schedule): 40 hours/work week, Flexible start/end times, Monday-Friday, 8 hours per workday
Work Location: Remote in Canada with the flexibility to work in Calgary or Montreal office when safe to do so (COVID)
Reporting to the python development team lead, the junior python developer will assist developers and QA staff to program Python scripts to address Identity and Access Management process automation requirements. He/she will also translate business process definitions into Python components which are built using a defined framework and delivered to our customers within our IAM product suite.
- Deliver scalable solutions using Python as a principal programming language.
- Translate business process definitions into Python components
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Maintain documentation and source code for solutions
- Assist developers and QA staff from multiple teams to deliver tested and scalable solutions
- Consult with services and support staff when issues are encountered to identify solutions
- Update issue records on issue tracking software (YouTrack)
- Other programming or development tasks as required
Key Relationships and Reports:
- This staff member will report to our python development team lead and indirectly to the Manager of Software Development (Applications)
- Work directly with other python developers to troubleshoot issue that our support teams encounter
- Small-medium sized cyber security software company (Identity and Access Management)
- Informal on the job training, mentoring and skills development working with peers and team lead
- Remote work environment (online meetings and communication)
- Work independently to complete assignments (minimal supervision)
- Communication with a variety of highly technical stakeholders
- Environment of continuous change (fast paced)
- Flexible hours, periods of high demand for project deadlines
- Company provided computer that is suitable for secure software development practices
- Employee is expected to have a personal computer that is used to remote connect to company-provided computer
- All necessary communication and development tools will be provided
Required Education and Training Qualifications:
- Completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
Required Experience and Skill Qualifications:
- Relevant university project and personal work experience showing an aptitude to working with various programming languages
- Minimum of 6 months experience scripting using Python (can be non-work experience) or academic/personal reference to attest to Python knowledge
- Some personal experience working with collaborative project teams using tools such as Slack, Teams, etc.
- Some personal experience working with code repositories such as Git, Gitlab, Github or Bitbucket
- Some personal experience working with open source libraries
- Some personal experience working with issue tracking software such as YouTrack
Required Personal Competencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- You can collaborate easily with co-workers and work well with minimal supervision
- You can work under pressure to achieve multiple concurrent projects deadlines
Other Knowledge, Portfolio Items, Skills, or Abilities (Nice to Have):
- Knowledge of test automation and regression testing is an asset
- Knowledge with relational databases such as SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, or Oracle DB is an asset
- Public github/bitbucket profiles with projects that can be reviewed is an asset
- Ability to provide links to open source project contributions to show personal work is an asset
- Familiarity with IAM solutions or principles is an asset.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
- Work from home
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive employee salary
- Employer-fully paid benefits (SunLife)
- RRSP Matching (Employer pays even if you do not contribute)
- Competitive PTO
- Hitachi Perks (Coupons and discounts portal)
How to Apply and Process:
- Please apply directly through our job posting and complete the candidate survey
- Please do not contact if you are not eligible to work in Canada
- If it appears that there may be a fit based on the initial information collected we will contact you to book a phone interview
- Please no phone calls to the company phone line
Please direct questions to Andrew at https://www.linkedin.com/in/an... ID is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applicants must be located in Canada and eligible to work in Canada.
Hitachi ID is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Applicants must be located in Canada and eligible to work in Canada.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈