(Junior) Android Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Poland only
Category: Software Development
Hi! We are Netguru. We help entrepreneurs and innovators shape the world through beautiful software. We’re looking for people to join our team and build a culture based on trust, taking ownership, and transparency. Introducing innovative solutions and improving our internal processes are the foundation for our development and achievements.
We also help team members develop their skills through internal learning opportunities, R&D projects, and personal growth budgets. Our efforts bring results: Netguru ranks as one of the most desired IT employers, alongside Facebook, SpaceX, and Netflix.
Our 20+ Android Team is a great one and we are thrilled that we’re growing 🚀! To tell you a bit more, we are a part of Netguru's Mobile Team, consisting of 60+ developers. We deliver well-designed and optimised custom mobile app development solutions for both iOS and Android mobile platforms, in turn increasing the productivity of the business enterprise.
We are currently looking for Junior Android Developers to make our team even stronger 💪🏼. Is it you? 😊 Check it out!
- Are on a never-ending quest to discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
- Can communicate well in English (CEFR B2+). Polish not required.
- Are familiar with Gradle, Git, Rest and Android Studio.
- Have a good knowledge of Kotlin and know the basics of Java.
- Are experienced with Android SDK.
- Are familiar with Android's UI/UX design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Are experienced in using APIs to integrate mobile applications with server-side systems.
- Like to write clean, elegant code.
- Are up to date with Android development.
- Know how to write unit tests.
- Are familiar with DI framework (Dagger/Koin), RxJava, Coroutines, MVVM/MVP architecture.
- Had published one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store.
- Understand Scrum and Agile methodologies.
👣Let us guide you through what you can expect while being part of our team:
- we develop the Research and Development department, so each team member can contribute and develop their skills in various directions,
- a typical work day usually starts with a daily project meeting, where we talk about our progress on tasks and possible blockers,
- apart from coding, you will have some additional calls during the day, e.g. Project Grooming or a retrospective,
- you will have regular O3 and F2F meetings with your leader. The O3s (weekly meetings) are all about current matters related to your projects / work in the company. F2Fs (quarterly meetings) focus on your development and goals for the following quarters,
- we love to share knowledge and we do it regularly- every two weeks we get together to present and discuss topics related to (but not only!) Android,
- when there is a break between projects, we implement our internal projects that are carried out under RnD,
- our team is in constant contact and we always try to solve problems together. 🤗
Perks & benefits:
- Access to the WorkSmile platform offering benefits adapted to your preferences:
- Multisport card,
- Private health insurance package,
- Life insurance,
- And hundreds of other options to choose from 15 categories (shopping, leisure, travel, food, etc.)
- Support for your growth – a book budget and a head/manager’s budget available to every employee,
- Discounts on Apple products,
- One-time 1000 PLN home office bonus,
- Home office equipment sharing option,
- Various internal initiatives: webinars, knowledge sharing sessions, internal conferences.
What will happen next? ➡️
- You will receive an email from our recruitment team if your application matches our requirements,
- If yes, you will receive a task to solve within a certain deadline,
- If your task is solved well, you will be invited for a meeting with the recruiter- a HR Interview,
- Next step, is a pair programming session with our developers,
- If everything goes well, you will meet your future leader at the final online interview! :)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Poland only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈