Jr. Frontend Engineer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
- Job Title: Junior Frontend Engineer
- Location: Remote
- Position: Full-Time Employee
- Department: Engineering/Product
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hello Alice is leading a movement to connect small business owners and entrepreneurs to the resources they need to grow and scale their companies, regardless of industry, geography, capitalization, prior experience or cultural constraints. We’re a passionate team building a rapidly-growing, predictive technology that supports over 350,000 small business owners from all 50 states and beyond through our free digital platform, helloalice.com.
Hello Alice serves all entrepreneurs, and we wholeheartedly believe that if New Majority business owners -- women, people of color, those with military connection, the LGBTQ+ community, entrepreneurs with disabilities, founders from small towns, and immigrants -- are provided better access to resources, they can change the world, positively impact our economy, and generate jobs for all. Hello Alice is a Series A backed company with solid financials and a notable list of investors.
Our committed Hello Alice team is growing quickly, and the Junior Frontend Engineer will be responsible for creating highly accessible, lightweight, and performant web applications that help us along this path.
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all US-based locations are considered.
You’ll report to the Frontend Lead Engineer of your team.
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Writing and maintaining performant and reusable code
- Constantly improving site performance and accessibility
- Participating in sprint planning activities
- Developing their knowledge of computer science best practices
- Developing their personal growth through online training and internal mentorship
- 0-1+ years of front-end development team experience
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with working with REST APIs
- Experience designing responsive web-apps
- Development experience with Wordpress
We love diversity, but these are some of the characteristics that thrive in this role.
- Initiative. The only way to continually improve is to continually be looking and finding ways to improve. We reward initiative and look for people who offer up ideas regularly.
- Empathy. In order to be able to make the best user experience, you must have a high level of empathy. The more closely you can think like the user, the better frontend developer you will be.
- Team-focused. As we grow, and as we are remote, it is incredibly important that teamwork and team communication be at the forefront of our daily work.
- Communicative and opinionated. Coming out of the “startup” phase, we are still finding that we need solid playbooks and processes put in place to harden our application platform. Therefore, we prefer people who are willing to speak their minds on issues that need to be addressed.
- Be Scrappy: We operate with an entrepreneurial mindset, testing and iterating, and starting with small budgets to prove our theories. Every team member contributes to profits and revenue, and is responsible for optimizing organizational resources, whether it’s time, money, or energy. We love to do a lot with a little, but aren’t afraid to invest when an idea shows traction.
- Stakeholder Focus: Maintains positive and collaborative connection to key stakeholders. Understands needs, goals and objectives of all constituent groups. Works to create, monitor, and exceed key metrics and targets in support of key groups.
- Relationship Management: Trusted by staff, peers, and stakeholder groups; Balances concern for productivity and results with sensitivity for employees’ needs/problems; Approachable and friendly; Handles difficult situations constructively and tactfully.
Our company values are important to us. We’ve shared them with you as someone interested in joining our team.
INNOVATE ALWAYS. Seek out unique perspectives, diverse experiences, and disconnected dots. These are the seeds of big ideas and exceeded expectations, made even better through constant collaboration.
EMBRACE FAILURE. Learn from the inevitable failures that result from innovation, and move forward quickly with a pioneering spirit. Champion the doers, celebrate their contributions to the team, and don't shy away from difficult conversations.
DRIVE THE MISSION FORWARD. Everything we do is through the inclusive lens of helping all business owners launch and grow, regardless of who they are or where they come from. Hold yourself to the highest standards of quality and equality in everything you do.
EVERYONE TAKES OUT THE TRASH. No task is too small for the success of our company or our owners. Always be thoughtful and practice extreme kindness toward our team, partners, and owners.
SIMPLIFY AND COMMIT. Maintain a bias toward efficiency, acting quickly and testing often. Recognize the opportunity cost of every decision, commit to deadlines, be on time, and search for simple, smart solutions.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- 2 weeks PTO
- 401k match
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Work from home stipend
- Work from anywhere
- Professional development
- Diverse, fun, and unique work environment
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈