Jr. Engineer Data-intensive Systems
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Category: Software Development
Come join our highly talented team at Ververica, and work with amazing colleagues on problems and products that change how companies do data processing, analytics, and applications.
We are the original creators of Apache Flink, the open source unified batch/stream processing system that powers applications in all types of companies, from tech giants like Alibaba, Amazon, or Netflix, to traditional enterprises like banks or telcos. We contribute heavily to Apache Flink, while building enterprise-grade products on top of Flink.
Become part of one of the biggest and most active open source communities and do work that has a visible impact. Connect with users around the world, and contribute to bleeding-edge tech or be an advocate for new approaches to long-standing problems.
Junior Software Engineer
For our Junior Software Engineer positions, we are looking for talented new-grads or newcomers to the space. We seek folks that have a strong aptitude for programming and the challenges of data-intensive systems, and that want to take the opportunity to grow as engineers in our teams.
This position is for you if you bring strong programming fundamentals, enjoy solving challenging problems, and are excited about the opportunities of open source. You don't need to be an expert in data-intensive systems - that's what you join for to learn. You bring the talent and passion, we bring the environment to learn the rest. The open source field is an amazing place to connect with users and other developers and get visibility for your work.
- University graduate or only few years of experience in the industry
- Can also be someone who switched jobs and recently became a programmer
- Internal note: Not someone who has worked in the field for a long time and is still on a junior skill level
- Very good programmer, very good grasp of data structures, algorithms, distributed system principles
- Skilled in analyzing and dissecting problems
- Has the ambition to grow as a programmer and software engineer
- Eager team player, wants to work with, and learn from, their colleagues
- Is interested in open source, working with users, and excited about the opportunity open source offers to them.
- Optionally: Interested in publicly speaking about their work, or writing articles.
- Knows Java (or other JVM language)
- Good knowledge of a native language (Rust/C++).
- Experience (as an application developer or system developer) with other data-intensive systems or projects (e.g., Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Pulsar, Airflow, Pinot, Arrow, ZooKeeper, RocksDB, …)
- Working on bleeding-edge technology in unified data processing (batch/stream), event-driven applications, data intensive systems, and machine learning.
You will be part of shaping the direction of the data stream processing space.
- Being part of an international team of talented developers
- Working on open source and closed source products.
- Developing new features, improvements, and fixes; end-to-end responsibility, jointly with other developers.
- Getting mentoring to support growing as a developer
- Getting support to become an active member of the Apache Flink open source community
- Optionally: Presenting work at conferences, meetups, or via articles.
- Collaborating with-, and supporting open source users through open source channels
- Working with-, and supporting supporting customers
- A distributed team: Some developers work remotely, others work in the office in Berlin. Collaboration with other teams across EU, US, China.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈