Java Selenium Developer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
HICX is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise SaaS solutions for digital supplier management. Learn more about HICX
We are looking to expand our team by adding a highly capable and motivated Java developer to help us maintain and grow our automated testing capabilities. You will be part of a fast-growing team working working closely with the Engineering, Quality , Devops and Support departments.
HICX has its own in-house built System Testing platform, based on Java (swing ui) and Selenium. The name of this tool is Talos.
Talos consumes test-case definition scripts which are maintained and constantly updated by the Quality Team. These are essentially sets of commands combined with test-data, which Talos reads and executes with a browser of choice to interact with our SaaS product and, enter data, carry out modifications and assert against the expected state.
Furthermore, you will be writing code for new commands that will be executing more complex and effective assertions, empowering the Quality team to use them in their scripts and as a result increase our coverage and our confidence in the system.
Apart from the user-controlled mode, Talos also support fully automated Test-Cycles and reporting triggered from new deployments (these are setup by the Devops team as part of the CI/CD pipelines).
You will be maintaining/enhancing this functionality, by making sure Talos can continue execution, recovering from a failed step (to the extend possible), so that all the testcases defined can run fully on auto-pilot, without any human interaction.
The successful candidate will strengthen our existing platform and help establish and maintain a robust fully-automated test workflow that can identify issues as soon as they are introduced in the codebase, before they reach the customer in production.
You will have a lot of support from several technical and operations teams/departments and you'll get to make a big positive impact on a key focus area for one of the fastest growing and most innovative companies in the sector.
- Maintaining the code of our Selenium-based in-house automated testing platform.
- Creating new commands to cover more system functionality and assertions
- Making sure the Automated testing platform runs the full Test-Suite as part of the standard CI/CD pipelines
- Working closely with the Quality Assurance team, making sure they can write the tests cases for the Automated Testing tool and that they can use it to execute System Testing cycles efficiently.
- Proven working experience with full stack Java development.
- Hands on experience with Selenium Browser Automation
- Experience with GIT
- Determined and resilient, with a good sense of ownership
- Good analytical skills and a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Degree Qualified (Technology related)
- Proven experience of working in a similar technical IT role
- Knowledge of Java Swing is a plus (optional)
- Knowledge of XPath is a plus (optional)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈