Head of Frontend Development (f/*/m)
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
Frontastic is looking for a Head of Frontend Development (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis. We welcome applications from candidates and freelancers based in Europe (UTC to UTC+2).
As Head of Frontend Development, you’re expected to be a key driver of innovation for our internal Frontend developers. You’ll work closely together with the product team to discover, innovate and implement solutions for market needs. The challenge is to provide an excellent frontend performance and to develop framework agnostic web components that can be connected with any API.
- Continuously improve the development experience of our customer’s developers, identifying extension points that can be used by frontend developers during prototyping, testing and development
- Pave the path for customer innovation by creating APIs which allow innovation on top of solid base libraries and a solid base framework
- Analyze the usage of extension points and define fast, resilient and future-proof extension mechanisms
- Design extension points for stability, backwards compatibility and customer use
- Assist in monitoring the extension points and improving their resilience in high load environments
- You have at least 8 years of professional experience as a Frontend Developer while using different stacks knowing their trade-offs
- Deep knowledge of handling customer abstractions and the involved challenges regarding resilience and performance
- Full awareness of backwards compatibility requirements of software which is used by dozens and hundreds of customers
- An understanding of the requirements of working in software development (quality assurance, testing, monitoring)
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- It would be helpful if you already have experience working remotely
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an Impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for Learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity Rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re In This Together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration is key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency First: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
We’re a remote first company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing and we e try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. We don’t have fixed expectations regarding working hours and it’s normal for us to be able to take care of private matters during the day – e.g. visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical debt low.
- The same goes for us as a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
- Company laptop
- An expense policy to support you in creating your workspace in a way that is most effective for you
- Flexible working as standard, as long as you’re available when needed and your work gets done, you are free to choose your own schedule
- Contribution towards your private medical insurance for those staff in countries where health insurance isn’t mandatory/organized at the government level
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space
- 42 days of paid leave entitlement. We don’t require you to take off your local public holidays but you can choose to do so if you wish, or if your local laws require you to do so
You may notice there’s no salary listed here, this is intentional. We don’t list salaries in our advert as we want to hire the best talent possible, we’ll consider all applications on their individual merit.
If this job sounds interesting to you, please send a short tweet-style “why-me” in less than 280-characters to [email protected]cloud and have your CV attached (as pdf).
Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
We’re a fast growing remote startup founded in 2017 to bring APIs into better human interaction. We offer a cloud platform accelerating teams to create mobile first frontends for the API economy. Our team is 100% remote and we are currently 33 people from 12 countries in Europe (and counting).
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈