Head of Engineering
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
We are solving a huge headache for our clients and need to build an elegant platform that cuts through the complexity involved in employing people internationally. We now need someone that can lead both the scaling of the platform, and the engineering team, from the ground up.
Omnipresent is looking for a Head of Engineering with significant work experience building and leading teams composed of frontend, server side, full-stack and QA engineers.
As an early joiner, you will be expected to build out and manage the technology team. You take responsibility for the end-2-end development and release process, in close alignment with the product team.
Our server side technology is currently NodeJS/Typescript and our front end technology is React/Redux. We aim to concentrate on using the best tool/language for the job so will likely add other server side languages to the stack as we grow.
Strong technical aptitude in these technologies will make you a more suited candidate, but your core strengths must be managerial, with a track record of delivering positive results for the business.
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re cutting this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
Your role will include working with the product, testing and management teams respectively, and ensuring that everyone is coordinating and communicating well. You as such must be very familiar with all aspects of the SDLC and be able to provide support across all of these domains. We expect that you have led local and remote teams of different nationalities and genders and are mindful of cultures and communication needs. We also expect that you have led teams composed of both junior and senior engineers and know how to be a catalyst for positive change and continuous improvement.
- Establish and manage the end to end development and release process with strong emphasis on continuous delivery and improvement;
- Closely work with the product team and other key stakeholders;
- Establish an efficient, largely automated QA function;
- Plan and lead on technology architecture;
- Lead and grow engineering team;
- Drive Team performance though OKRs;
- Take care of third-party integrations;
- Work with external stakeholders;
- Plan and own cloud infrastructure; and
- Security & Data Privacy
You’ve done some of these things…
- Led and managed engineering teams (3+ years);
- Experience hiring and managing people and managing performance;
- Worked closely with Product teams;
- Deep Experience in Agile Development (Scrum & Kanban);
- Solid software engineering background (6+ years in hands on engineering) even if you have not been hands-on in your last role(s);
- Strong automated testing experience and TDD evangelist
- Experience in running platforms on AWS in a fail-safe and well monitored manner;
- Experience in cloud-native architectures, preferring cloud over DC deployments;
- Experience with Relational (Maria, Postgres, etc) and non-relational databases (Dynamo, Mongo, Couchbase, etc);
- Very fluent/near native English language skills; and
- Very good written English
What’s in it for you (apart from the most fun and challenging ride of your life!)
- Shared ownership - Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities
- Flexible working - Work from anywhere in the world - We don’t care where or when you work as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈