Hadoop Scala Developer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
ARC Group is seeking Remote Hadoop Developer for our prestigious client based out in Jacksonville, FL
Candidates must be eligible to work for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future, and able to work as our W2 employee for the contract period.
This is a remote position working east coast hours.
No C2C/ No Third Parties
Job Description: 100% Remote Ability after Covid-19 Company return. Must be able to work EST Hours.
- Must be familiar with writing Scala code, Hadoop ecosystem, and SQL Server.
- 3- 5 years of experience within Hadoop Ecosystem environment on the development side.
- Hadoop Heavy Scala, mainly working on data ingesting, taking data from Hadoop or data stored and ingesting this into analytics mart, SQL Server, column stored indexes, primary keys, GIT Lab, Jenkins,
A Hadoop developer is responsible for the design, development and operations of systems that store and manage large amounts of data. Most Hadoop developers have a computer software background and have a degree in information systems, software engineering, computer science, or mathematics.
IT Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. IT Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. IT Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. IT Developers are assigned to moderately complex development projects.
- Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Proficiency using versioning tools
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
Specific Tools/Languages Required:
- 3-5 years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
- IT development/programming/coding professional within a Hadoop environment
- Experience with Agile Methodology
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈