Fullstack Software Engineer - Python
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Mexico only
Category: Software Development
Come join our growing team! You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and creative environment where your ideas matter.
Trakstar is seeking a Mexico-based Fullstack Software Engineer (Python) to contribute to the next phase of growth with our company’s brands and product portfolio. The ideal candidate for this critical position will contribute high quality software and engineering expertise as a technical leader with our talented engineering group. Your contributions will focus on a key project that unifies our SaaS products.
This position reports to the Director, Software Engineering and collaborates with senior leadership from the product and engineering departments.
What we do:
Trakstar is a best-in-class, unified human capital management solution that supports mid-market companies to attract, retain, and grow their employee workforce. With almost two decades of experience providing unique employee management solutions, Trakstar is an end-to-end platform solution offering seamless applicant tracking, training, and performance solutions. In this ever-changing and remote work environment, the demand for Trakstar is growing and we are looking for employees to help scale our existing organization.
Our company mission is to uplevel employee performance from hire to retire, because we believe people are happier and healthier when they know their work matters. We are serving 4000+ clients around the globe. At Trakstar, we hire only the best people - individuals who impress their prospects and clients with their industry knowledge of best practices and with insights into how Trakstar’s ever-expanding employee management tools can help their businesses grow and scale.
What you’ll do:
The team you will join focuses on delivering high quality (low escaped defects), well tested (Cypress/Selenium automation framework with focus on unit test coverage), secure (scanned and verified), scalable (AWS, but hardware isn’t the answer), software that delivers exceptional experiences for our clients. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company, be part of an excellent team, architect solutions to complex problems, and deliver valuable features where clean code matters.
You will –
- Build subject matter expertise on your team’s code base and platform.
- Write clean, production-ready code that is easily understood and well tested.
- Do no harm and leave it better than you found it when refactoring components.
- Serve in an on-call rotation (DevOps philosophy where you will participate in ops) and respond promptly to any production issues to remediate rapidly.
- Be a teammate, communicate well, show up when expected, and be available.
- Write secure code. Avoid introducing an OWASP vulnerability. Know how APIs are secured, sessions are handled, and data is validated properly.
- Work in an agile development model and participate, or even lead, sprint planning activities to break down epics, estimate accurately and consistently.
- Look for and surface dependencies that can create technical challenges, bottlenecks, or otherwise inhibit deliveries.
- Build reliable observability; monitor and log alerts to ensure the team is aware of, and can respond to, quality issues or outages.
- Help other teammates resolve complex problems or think through design/architecture challenges. Be available and responsive.
- Foster an excellent engineering culture based in trust, accountability, character, and honesty.
- Seek feedback and deliver constructive criticism (e.g., code reviews) in a tactful and empathetic manner; build others up and mentor without ego.
- Be proactive in moving to new cards/stories and contributing to the team’s forward momentum.
- Participate and hold code reviews to ensure high quality deliveries.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience. Emphasis in engineering, data science, computer science or information systems is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience developing SaaS applications.
- Proficiency with Django and Python a must. Experience with React.js, Redux, webpack is a plus.
- Must have proficiency with AWS systems (RDS, EC2, RDS, Security Groups, CloudWatch, Ops tools, etc.).
- Knowledge of Git source control, versioning/branching, rebasing, etc.
- Knowledge of code coverage and unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, secure sessions, identity and access management providers (OAuth, SAML, etc.).
- Experienced with database queries, SQL, optimization and tuning (MySQL, Postgres etc.).
- Knowledge of caching systems (Redis, Memcache, Elasticache).
- Familiar with queueing systems (SQS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.).
- Python: Django, uWSGI, Celery
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation days and holidays
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- 13th month Christmas bonus
Trakstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Mexico only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈