1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: +/- 3hrs PST
Category: Software Dev
Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With 31 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
The Remind Engineering Team works together to solve fun technical challenges, embodies our value of finding a way, and open-sources projects like Empire and stacker. The main tools we use in our backend include Typescript, Go, Ruby, Twirp, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, and many AWS services (Aurora, Lambda, DynamoDB, etc).
Our investors include First Round Capital, GSV, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Social Capital, and we want you to join us.
Remote work ok within +/-3 hours of Pacific Time.
Some of the projects that fullstack engineers at Remind have worked on this year:
- Moved a significant amount of traffic to a GraphQL proxy to make it easy to write consistent and performant client code across web, iOS and android.
- Improved and scaled a messaging system that's sent over 10 billion messages to teachers, parents, and students
- Built a graph service to power the relationships of 31 million monthly active users
- Built out standardized tooling for increasing the fault tolerance of our distributed services, including tiered load shedding, circuit breakers, and back pressure mechanisms
- Created a declarative permissions system to make authorization code easy to read and write
- Increased the stability of our chats database by introducing a write-through buffer using Redis
What will be critical to your success as a fullstack engineer at Remind:
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
- You have shipped multiple production systems as part of a team
- You enjoy tackling interesting, complex problems and seeing them through to DONE
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects
- You write clean, scalable code and have significant experience with one or more programming languages
- You have built scalable, performant, highly available services and understand the value of a good SLA
- You understand the importance of writing pragmatic, comprehensive unit and integration tests
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Parking and commuter benefits
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!