Full Stack Web Engineer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
Are you an experienced developer who enjoys working in an Agile environment? We are looking for an innovative and creative problem-solver to work within our existing team based in Nottingham city centre, this role could be full or partial remote working; with periodic team meetings and get-togethers at HQ (when Covid-19 guidelines permit). Our applications are used by customers in many international markets, we pride ourselves on making smart applications, working as a team to deliver the best to our customers.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Working with MySQL servers ranging from gigabytes to terabytes
- Solve problems independently and as part of a team
- Building new API services for our web and mobile applications
- Work on a variety of front-end frameworks
- Anticipate, predict and resolve problems before customers are impacted
- Maintain and improve the existing code base and provide technical insight
- Create and maintain documentation
- Help identify new opportunities and improvements, playing an active role around input into design and functionality decisions
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience developing front-end web applications and mobile first approach, and developing responsive applications for multiple devices and platforms
- Comprehensive commercial programming experience in PHP in a Linux environment
- Database experience - MySQL or similar
- Consumption and creation of REST APIs
- Working knowledge of online security and both server and client-side caching and other factors that affect site speed
- Use of GitHub for version control
- Knowledge of deployment with the Amazon Cloud
About Conker Group:
Conker Group is a relatively young but fast-expanding tech company. You'll find us at conkergroup.com. We're ambitious, innovative and creative, and we strive to make our employees and customers happy! We work with big-name brands in FMCG to help them gather and interpret EPOS data. Our most ambitious project to date has grown some teeth and your dedication and contribution could help to make that extra bite in the global market. If you like the sound of this, and you have the required skills/experience, please apply now.
- Gym/Fitness allowance
- Holidays - plus, you don't work on your birthday :)
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Income Replacement Scheme
- Parental Benefits
- Annual Sight Tests
Tell us what you are worth. We offer top-end salaries for the right skills and attitude. And Biscuits, of course.
Ts & Cs:
Non-smokers only; if you prefer cake or cocktails (virtually or otherwise) it's an added bonus :-)
Sorry, no agencies.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈