Full-Stack Software Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America
Category: Software Development
We’re hiring a Full-time Software Engineer because we need you to help us accomplish our mission as a company. That mission is to help our clients grow their revenue by $100 million. See, we believe that humans are built to make things. And one of the best ways to get more people making more things is to help them sell their products and services they invent and do that over and over again.
That’s why our mission is helping our clients grow their revenue by $100 million per year. It’s a measure of the impact we’re having and how effective we are as a company.
And that is where you come in!
We’ve maxed out what we can do without a full-time Software Engineer to help... As the Director of Engineering, I’ve been the Engineering leader for 3.5 years, with the help of several super sharp, contract Developers and Engineers. However, I’ve just about reached my limit of the impact. We need you, to come along side me and help this company reach its fullest potential- and develop some pretty darn cool stuff!
That is why finding the right fit for this role is our #1 priority.
What does Growth Tools do and why?
Growth Tools provides the tools and trainings to help online businesses double their revenue in 1 year. Our tools consist of 10 SaaS products that we give away for free. Our trainings consist of a 1:1 coaching business, Growth University, and a series of 4-week online classes.
We believe that the world is a better place when people create and those creations are shared.
We’ve been active online marketing practitioners for 6 years. Along the way, we’ve done a lot of fun and creative projects that any SW Engineer will likely geek-out on.
No more boring, uninspiring development gigs. Our development projects are WAAAAAY different.
Every quarter-ish our team comes up with a new software idea. Then we design, code and launch it to our audience of 200,000+ businesses and entrepreneurs that want to do good in the world and grow their companies.
Here is one of our most recent launches- a tool to measure our progress towards our $100M mission.
100 Million Dollar Mission Counter
Here are a few of our SW ideas that became free tools
DripScripts (launched in February '19)
Attract (launched in October '18)
Welcome.ly (launched in July '18)
Where will you work?
We all work remotely and are scattered around North America from Vancouver to Cleveland, and Nashville to Birmingham. That means you have the flexibility to work from home or a co-working location, or to take the family to Peru for the summer and work from your terrace overlooking the Andes Mountains.
We don’t micromanage you. Rather, as the SW Engineer, we expect you to be a leader and collaborator in every way. You will be a daily “in-the-weeds” practitioner as well as key influencer.
As a Software Engineer at Growth Tools, you are responsible for developing web applications to enable our clients and team members to 10x their effectiveness. This is done through leveraging our unique perspective and skills to build functionality not based on feature requests alone but getting to the root cause of the issues or obstacles being faced and solving that problem through software.
At Growth Tools Engineering, we don’t have silos. We are all responsible for the code we ship as a team. We use code reviews not only to get a second set of eyes on what we ship or to learn from each other but to foster collective understanding of the system as it is developed.
Below are some example scenarios which might be encountered during the Software Engineer’s work:
During the Monday morning engineering meeting while going over last week's work, the Software Engineer mentions a new pull request they’ve opened to address a long standing bug discovered while completing another task and asks for another set of eyes on it.
After moving on to the current week's work and reviewing when we expect our work to be ready for review, they ask for an additional day to complete an assignment as they aren't super clear on the use case and want to get a better feel for how the clients will use this before starting to work.
Their work often includes bits of "window fixes"; small (unrelated) changes that help improve the system as a whole. These can range from fixing typos in comments and applying stylistic best practices to noticing and eliminating inefficiencies and/or redundancies (which require deep understanding of the system and its intentions).
During a review of their code, they understand that each comment is important to resolve and track independently. By empathizing with the reviewer, they make their PRs easier to review with small, atomic commits and meaningful messages. Further, they strategically use fixup commits to address comments.
There is 0 red tape at Growth Tools. We don’t care about how other people have always done things, how you have always done things, or what anyone's SOP is.
What we care about is:
1) you loving what you do every day and waking up excited to do it; and
2) our students’ and clients’ successes.
We ruthlessly measure both of those on a daily basis.
That's what we are inviting you to be a part of. Want to join us?
I look forward to hearing from you.
- 5+ years experience development and implementation of real-world applications
- Use git branches and pull requests for work to be reviewed before deployment
- Engage in product discussions ensure a reasonable implementation
- Attend weekly calls with the Director of Engineering to review,schedule tasks and schedule
- Organized and Goal oriented-Set and work toward weekly goals
- Self motivated, able to work efficiently & effectively remotely
- Passionate about SW Engineering -always going above and beyond, out of genuine care for their creations and what they release into the world
- Willingness to take ownership of the objectives- recognizing the value, meaning and impact of features, bugs, etc on the community of business owners and creatives
- Roll-up your sleeves SW Engineer willing to jump in, contribute and collaborate with Chris, our Director of Engineering as well as virtual team.
- Implement fully functional web applications
- Architect new features
- Strategically fix bugs
- Curious and perpetual learner
- Working knowledge of React and/or other front-end frameworks/languages
- Experience with microservices architecture and Kubernetes- would be icing
- Work from anywhere (we're 100% remote)
- Occasional travel, such as quarterly on-site meetings
- Health, vision and dental insurance for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation (mandated 1 week/yr)
- Unlimited education allowance
- Unlimited equipment allowance
- $100/mo. reimbursable personal/marriage counseling
- Amazing team, unbelievable culture, Stability & Innovation. No Joke
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈