Full Stack Software Developer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: +/-5 hours of Sydney
Category: Software Development
Great opportunity for a dynamic Full Stack Software Developer to join a fast-paced and rapidly growing startup creating the future of wellness in Australia and beyond.
- One of Australia’s fastest growing and most exciting startups 🚀
- Mission-led company with tens of thousands of customers 🙌
- Be part of a world-class team building a global wellness brand 🌏
Full-time / Remote / Starting ASAP
Imagine a world where you could get the best services and products in wellness delivered to you with the tap of a button. That’s what we’re building at Blys.
We are on a mission to improve the quality of life and overall happiness for people around the world by providing easy access to wellness & self-care. We bring the best practitioners to tens of thousands of customers, by seamlessly connecting them to qualified & independent professionals in wellness, fitness and beauty.
This also means empowering practitioners to create flexible, safe and reliable income opportunities for themselves who earn millions of dollars every year through our platform.
With over 15,000 5-star ratings and a community of 100,000 customers, Blys is the #1 on-demand booking platform for wellness services in Australia and New Zealand.
We've achieved amazing things and had incredible growth to date, but we’re only starting. We are now searching for an outstanding Full Stack Software Developer to help us take Blys to the next level as we continue to build out the platform and expand.
With alumni from Freelancer, eBay, Canva, Booking.com and The Iconic, you’ll be surrounded by a driven and experienced team of product and engineering talent, and help execute an ambitious product roadmap and company goals.
We’re a young, rapidly growing company with a great culture and opportunity to grow.
- Work within an autonomous, fast-paced and agile team to design and deliver new features end-to-end (database, backend, frontend, unit testing, deployment)
- Design and build a cutting-edge tech stack to help us scale our platform and operations to handle 1,000,000 users
- Monitor application performance and continuously improve our software with rapid iterations
- You have 2+ years hands-on experience in building scalable modern software products
- You are passionate about the startup life - you love building things from ground up and you’re comfortable in a high-paced high-growth environment (we ship multiple times a day)
- You have hands-on experience with our stack: Node, React JS + Native, MySQL, as well as cloud infrastructure (AWS preferably)
- You can articulate technical problems in simple terms and communicate clearly
- You value simplicity in both your code and user interfaces
- You’re passionate about high-quality programming and building scalable software products that people love using
- You're product-minded - you have a good sense of user experience and an ability to breakdown complex features into small tasks
- You’re self-starter and resourceful - you figure things out independently and get stuff done
- Fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Mission-led company - we want to change the world!
- World-class team - be part of a young and dynamic team of A+ players
- Rewarding work - interesting & challenging problems to solve
- Fun & open culture - we love having fun, learning new things and helping each other excel
- Positive company outlook - well-funded, profitable and growing fast
- Significant influence on company direction and performance - working closely with an experienced founding team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fully flexible location (remote, must be within +/-5 hours of Sydney)
- Balanced and flexible work hours
- Fun team events including annual company trips
- A chance to make a real IMPACT on 100,000+ actual customers - your work will change lives!
If this gets you excited, we want to hear from you!
Apply now with your resume and cover letter. (No recruiters at this stage please)
Our hiring process is:
- Review of your application
- Task challenge (sent over email, ~2 hours)
- Interview (via Zoom, ~1 hour)
- Formalise with a permanent full-time contract and welcome you to Blys!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: +/-5 hours of Sydney.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈