Full Stack Developer - .NET, React, Angular
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Do you thrive on the exploration of new technologies? Have you found joy in diving deep into an unfamiliar environment and technology and squeezing productive work out of it? Do you like to trade knowledge with others in diverse areas of expertise? How would you like to be part of a company that values experimentation and offers the opportunity to explore dozens of technologies in your daily work?
Workstate is looking for solid associate to senior level developers with a desire to learn and who have current experience with ASP.NET development with C# and front-end experience with frameworks like React and Angular. You should also have strong custom CSS styling experience for responsive applications. If you have a couple of complex, data-driven web applications or enterprise CMS integrations under your belt, you might be who we're looking for.
You will work in a close-knit team based environment that promotes quality, personal development, and work-life balance above short-term profit. This is aided by a clear path for advancement that results in low turn-over for greater continuity.
This position is both open to remote and onsite work with our Columbus, OH office. We are located across from the North Market and close to Short North and Downtown / Arena District lunch and entertainment options. We have a team lunch every Friday where we share what we've been working on throughout the week and discuss new technology, tools and techniques that excite us.
This position is only available to US residents based in the continental US who are eligible to work for any employer without visa sponsorship or transfer now or in the future.
- Production experience with ASP.NET web development
- Experience working with ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Ability to start a complex, data-driven web application from scratch
- Production experience developing complex, data-driven applications in React or Angular
- Experience with front-end build toolchain technologies like Gulp, Grunt, WebPack, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server in a developer capacity
- Experience with source control including branching, merging, pull requests, code reviews
- Production experience developing for CMS like Sitecore, Sitefinity, Umbraco, etc.
- 3+ years overall experience with web application technologies
- Some knowledge of server caching for performance
- Understanding of object oriented design principles (S.O.L.I.D)
- Understanding of software design patterns such as abstract factory, decorator, builder, etc.
- Experience using agile development methodologies
- Experience developing applications intended to scale to multiple servers
- Outstanding software development skills
- Testing / debugging
- Good written and verbal communication, including with non-technical people
- Ability and interest to learn new technologies on the fly, as they become needed
- The ability and interest to learn is one of our most desired attributes in a candidate. If you can demonstrate an aptitude to dig in up to your elbows and build experience in new technologies as you deliver projects utilizing those technologies successfully, your application will move to the top of the pile.
Who are you, Workstate?
Workstate is a technology consulting company, built by technologists, for technologists. Throughout our 20-year history we’ve been on a mission to create the best home for people who love to build. Who are we? We’re builders.
How we build.
At Workstate, building doesn’t just apply to technology.
We apply it to everything we do -- building relationships, skillsets, retirement accounts, technical knowledge, music collections, recipe files, dad joke collections, movie recommendations, travel logs, childhood toy recollections … and more. So much more. We build to last.
But, the technology...
No matter what we’re building, the technology forms the backbone of all our projects. We’re not purists, though. We choose the technology to fit the circumstance; we don’t force the circumstance into a preferred tech stack. We love to build, and we love to learn new ways to build.
We love building. We get to build all day at work. Therefore, we love coming to work. But we emphasize home, family and personal time as essential to overall well-being. This is reflected in our benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance plans
- Most Federal holidays
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time as needed
Are we for you?
We like it here, but we recognize we’re not for everyone. We’re not just here to write code. We’re here to build lasting relationships with delighted clients. This requires strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset, organizational savvy, and a talent for circumventing and resolving conflict.
This is not to say that we expect everyone to have these skills fully developed upon hire. If the thought of developing and utilizing these skills is appealing, then we might be for you.
What else, what else, what else...
What else? Our headquarters is across the street from the historic North Market, at the intersection of the Short North and Downtown Columbus. We’re a five minute walk from Nationwide Arena. Oh, and we have free parking for all our employees, also available after hours during the week.
We have a catered team lunch in our office every Friday where people working at a client site converge with people working in the office to reconnect, swap stories, and talk about what they’ve been doing.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!