Full Stack Developer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
Omega Point is a San Francisco-based fintech startup that democratizes quantitative investing for portfolio managers. Founded by a former manager of Two Sigma Investments, Omega Point's powerful platform analyzes portfolios for the world's most sophisticated investment managers and generates insights from terabytes of financial data using sophisticated machine learning techniques and a modern, interactive application.
What you will do ...
We are a remote-friendly workplace and are currently looking for full-stack programmers for our application development team, primarily located in Quebec. You will work directly with talented engineering team across North America to help us develop our platform and allow our clients to effectively understand, visualize and optimize their portfolios while enjoying the best possible user experience in the market. Our ideal candidate is excited by the opportunity to help us develop the platform upon which our clients rely to make critical decisions in this huge and rapidly changing market.
What Omega Point offers you ...
- A competitive salary
- You can telecommute (and not only during the pandemic)
- A pleasant environment with a talented team
- Your choice of workstation
- Windows , Mac, Linux? You choose your platform and your computer hardware
- One or two summits per year where you can meet the whole team in person and do team building activities. Some of the latest destinations: Miami Beach, Austin (Texas), San Francisco
Who we are ...
- We believe in small, talented teams. Our development team is small but has a lot of ambitions and responsibilities
- We are united, we like to laugh together as well as solve complex problems as a team
- We are pragmatic. Even though we work with the latest technology, we always choose the best tool for the job at hand.
The technologies we use ...
- Applications: React, Redux, Node.js, GraphQL, Go
- Database: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Ops: Azure DevOps, AWS, Github, Docker
What we are looking for ...
- 3+ years of experience in web application development (client / server)
- Experience with modern UI frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Vue.js, etc. is an asset
- Experience with relational or non-relational databases
- A developer who has the desire to learn and who is able to approach problems in a pragmatic way
- The motivation to develop in the environment of a startup where everything moves quickly
- Autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness that will push you to reach out to people
- Fluency in English
- University or college diploma in computer science or equivalent experience
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈