Full Stack / CMS Developer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Made Media designs and produces creative digital solutions for world-leading brands in the arts, culture, and entertainment space. We enable our clients to connect with the world; sharing their ideas, events, and passions with as many people as possible.
As a full stack/CMS developer at Made Media, you'll work on a variety of client-facing projects. You'll work in a cross-functional team, with designers, front end developers, devops engineers, and digital producers to create high-quality digital products for our clients. Your work will be varied, and will include: working on deployments and iterative improvements to our clients’ Silverstripe CMS instances; developing custom client-side integrations with third-party ticketing/CRM systems; and working on some of our in-house product platforms such as MonkeyWrench and CultureCast.
Practically, this means you will:
- Participate in daily stand-ups and work with a technical lead and digital producer to deliver work for clients.
- Test and deploy this code to our development and staging environments.
- Spend time reviewing and responding to client requests via our helpdesk.
The successful candidate is likely to have most of the following:
- 2+ years' experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role, developing applications for the web.
- Experience developing applications using PHP and knowledge of both raw PHP and using frameworks such as Symfony.
- Experience working with continuous integration tools and front end transpilers (e.g., Sass, webpack, Babel).
- Proven awareness of security and accessibility issues related to web development.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. NGINX) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent analysis and trouble-shooting skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Great organizational skills.
- An ability to self-motivate and work remotely.
The successful candidate is likely to have at least one of the following:
- Knowledge of AWS/cloud hosting, serverless infrastructure, scalability and caching.
- Experience of CMS development with the Silverstripe content management system.
- Experience working with third-party CRM/ticketing platforms, marketing platforms, and working with their APIs. Bonus points for experience working with the Tessitura Ticketing and CRM system.
Made Media is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from people regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. We look to employ from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and our selection criteria and procedures aim to ensure that employees are selected, promoted and treated equitably.
We encourage you to apply if you think you meet the majority of the requirements in the job description above — research has shown that men are more likely to apply for jobs when they believe they meet ~60% of the specification, whereas women will only apply if they believe they meet 100% of the specification. In truth, very few candidates meet 100% of any job specification, so we encourage you to submit an application if you believe your skills and experience are a good fit for the role overall.
- Salary: $50-$70k per year, dependent on experience. We are a remote company and set salaries based on a national benchmark. We will pay a market enhancement for new employees located in specific cities (please see below).
- 401(k) + matching
- Healthcare insurance, 80% employer contribution on all plans, including spouse and family plans.
- Dental and Vision, 80% employer contribution.
- One Medical
- 20 days of vacation, plus federal holidays. Increases to 25 days after 5 years of service. If your birthday falls on a weekday, you get that off too.
- Cultural Fund
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave, depending on state of residence.
- Flexible working. See below.
We’re very happy to consider flexible working arrangements, including condensed hours and part-time working. If you’re invited to interview, we’ll talk about this upfront, so you’re clear on what the options are before we proceed to any offers.
Made Media is a remote business and our team all work from home most of the time.
We have allowances available to help you get settled into a home office, or to make use of local coworking/shared office spaces if you prefer. If you work from home, you should be able to create a suitable working environment, with a quiet space to work and join video meetings, and a reliable internet connection.
Our remote model also means we set salaries according to a national rate. We will agree a base rate for the job, based on experience, and reflective of the salary range provided in the job description. Employees who are hired in specific cities are also eligible for market adjustments, for the time that they live within the city limits. These market adjustments are as follows:
- +20% market adjustment: New York City, San Francisco
- +10% market adjustment: London (UK), Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington D.C.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈