Frontend Engineer, React & ClojureScript
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Ukraine only
Category: Software Development
Attendify is changing the event technology landscape by empowering conference planners to adapt to a virtual and hybrid future with engagement, registration and data management tools that enhance the attendee experience. We work with thousands of events for clients like Google, Bloomberg, Amazon Web Services, Informa, Phillips, Paypal, and Harvard.
We’re in the midst of a major pivot from mobile-first experience for live events to the solutions for hybrid events, and we're already seeing tremendous traction with our new virtual product. Here's what we're working on today: https://attendify.com/blog/a-closer-look-at-attendifys-virtual-event-platform/
We’re looking for a strong self-driven React Engineer interested in functional programming. You'll impact product roadmap, own new features development, and improve existing products from UI to infrastructure. This position is open for anyone living anywhere in Ukraine and is 100% remote.
Most of our codebase is ClojureScript, so we expect you to be ready to learn it and apply in production. If you're curious why we use ClojureScript, here's a brief talk: https://youtu.be/81_p6PSu064
- Research and prototype solutions for the new products development.
- Build new features like interface for speakers and sponsors, video player for VOD, Q&A, 1:1 video calls etc.
- Improve existing functionality like dashboard for an event organizer.
- Keep our codebase modern and easy-to-work with through continuous refactoring.
- Extend and maintain libraries and components we use.
- 2+ years of engineering experience using React.
- Experience in development of single page applications.
- Experience with Flux or Redux.
- Basic understanding of server-side development and API.
- Curiosity to work with functional languages and create something new.
- Readiness to show examples of your work (strong advantage).
- Hands-on experience with large codebases and ClojureScript (nice to have).
- Opportunity to impact a product used by millions of people.
- Competitive salary & career growth opportunities.
- This position is remote, apply from anywhere in Ukraine.
- Pick your own equipment, laptop, monitor, etc.
- Competitive medical insurance.
- Covered coworking costs (optional). We rent desks in central Kyiv.
Send us your resume and we’ll be in touch.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Ukraine only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈