1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: South Africa only
Category: Software Development
Carry1st is the leading publisher of mobile games in Africa. Founded in 2018, the company serves the world's fastest-growing mobile market with over 1 billion users. Carry1st unlocks distribution and monetization in the region with proprietary payments technology, social gaming expertise, and local operations.
Now we’re looking to scale multiple titles to hundreds of millions of users - leveraging the payments and CRM technology we've built to best serve the market. We're looking for a frontend engineer to accelerate the development of our platform and build innovative, high-quality tech.
What makes you a great candidate?
- 5+ years experience building and shipping web applications
- Experience or exposure to e-Commerce web applications
- Experience building progressive web apps
- Experience with Service Workers
- Experience with UI prototyping and Storyboards
- Strong initiative and creative problem-solving skills
- Bonus: Experience with server-side rendering
- Bonus: Experience with Native Android, Kotlin, React Native, Flutter, iOS
- Bonus: Experience developing or integrating with payment systems
What will you do?
You will bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will be responsible for ensuring that our user interfaces are engaging but also reliable at a very large scale. You will:
- Work with leadership to build the next generation of consumer web application products in React JS
- Develop new user-facing features for Carry1st’s shop and admin portal
- Architect efficient and reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability, resolving any performance issues
- Web applications to be written in React JS and, Node.js
- Redux and Sagas
- Backend code (Microservices) written primarily in Java, and one app written in PHP
- Hosting in AWS with use of EC2, Aurora, S3, ELB, Route53; managed with Terraform IaC
- DevOps/CI implemented using Jira, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Caching is implemented primarily via Redis
- Queuing is implemented via RabbitMQ
- A unique opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Ability to lead and contribute to our decision making process
- Ability to touch millions of users with the technology that you build
- Training and support to transition into a senior leadership at Carry1st or beyond
- Equity ownership
Carry1st is a remote-friendly company. We will either support your relocation to join our team in Cape Town (an emerging tech hub with an amazing quality of life) or you can work remotely. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: South Africa only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈