2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: Software Development
We continue to improve our Frontend framework based on React which already serves many large e-commerce sites. Our main concerns in doing this are performance and technical scalability of the stack together with enabling autonomous customers and innovation on their side. We also believe in strong abstractions be able to continuously improve our core product.
- Pave the path for customer innovation by creating APIs which allow innovation on top of solid base libraries and a solid base framework
- Analyze extension point usage and define fast, resilient and future-proof extension mechanisms
- Design extension points for stability, backwards compatibility and customer use
- Assist in monitoring extension points and improving their resilience in high load environments
- You reside and work in Europe
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience as a Frontend Developer or in a comparable field
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Deep knowledge of handling customer abstractions and the involved challenges regarding resilience and performance
- Full awareness of backwards compatibility requirements of software which is used by dozens and hundreds of customers
- An understanding of the requirements of working in software development (quality assurance, testing, monitoring)
- You have good writing and communication skills in English
- It would be helpful if you already have experience remote working
Our team strives to constantly improve itself following these values:
- Make an Impact: We’re here to change the industry and we’re in it to win it. We’re incredibly focused and our main focus is on customer success. We boldly go out of our comfort zones, we support each other and we love doing what we do.
- Thirst for Learning: We’re addicted to learning and we learn from everything. We embrace our failures as they’re something we can learn from and only help us to improve. We think differently and we know that change is good. We’re curious and innovation leads the way, we’re constantly on the lookout for new ideas that can help our customers (and the world).
- Diversity Rules: We’re proud to be a diverse team spread across the world. We empower the under-represented and we build a safe community for everyone to be themselves while holding each other to account when needs be. We use asynchronous communication as we’re a remote company and need to be aware that we’re not always online at the same time.
- We’re In This Together: As colleagues, with our customers, and with our communities, co-operation and collaboration is key. We help one another as much as we can and we care for each other. We celebrate our successes together and we strive to find the right balance in our lives.
- Transparency First: We make all information as public as possible and we’re direct (as well as truthful) in all our communications. We don’t just explain what we’re doing but why we’re doing it. This is how we create positive relationships and move forward together.
We’re a remote-first company with regular in-person meetings. We make intensive use of tools like Slack or video conferencing. We try to find a good balance between focused work and communication or in other words between asynchronous and personal communication. We don’t have fixed expectations regarding working hours and it’s normal for us to be able to take care of private matters during the day – e.g. visits to the doctor or picking up children from school.
Our team strives to improve themselves following these guidelines:
- We offer a friendly learning environment and try hard not to blame anyone for not knowing something and actively encourage mentoring of your peers.
- We use practices like pair programming, test driven development when it makes sense and continuously refactor our code to constantly share knowledge and keep the amount of technical debt low.
- The same goes for us as a company, we continuously refactor our rules and guidelines. Overall, we have a very transparent, helpful, warm, familiar employee culture.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If we receive job applications from yet underrepresented groups those applications will be preferred where multiple candidates have the same score.
For this particular job we are offering to pay between 40.000 € to 70.000 € based on experience and skills. We also offer 28 vacation days. Since we currently work from 9 different countries (and counting), it’s very difficult to offer consistent benefits beyond that. But we’re always open for suggestions.
If this job sounds interesting to you, please send a short tweet-style “why-me” to [email protected] and have your CV attached (as pdf). Do you still have questions? Then don’t hesitate to get in touch via the same address!
We’re a fast growing startup founded in 2017 to bring APIs into better human interaction. We offer a cloud platform accelerating teams to create mobile first frontends for the API economy. We’re doing this as a 100% remote native company: currently 30 people from 9 countries in Europe (and counting).
Find out more about Frontastic on Twitter: @frontasticGmbH and on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/frontastic-gmbh/.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!