3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
Open to worldwide talent!
As one of the largest, award-winning, and top-selling app vendors in the Atlassian Ecosystem, we hire only the best and brightest.
What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing, to resource management, to cost tracking, we are proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately we have been expanding into new ecosystems, most recently Zendesk. It’s an exciting time, with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon!
Our reach is wide: we are happy to support more than 20,000 customers all over the world. We are looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Sweden, Canada, and the USA.
Join us and discover the thrill of being part of a team that are not only digging deep in automation, AI and cool tech but also builds great and reliable products our teams and customers’ love!
- Discuss, formulate, and document a vision for Frontend architecture and approaches in all Tempo software products
- Detail out and refine higher-level architecture decisions into a lower-level design
- Lead implementation of technical and infrastructure initiatives to support architecture decisions
- Communicate the vision to the engineering team
- Overlook and review the work of the team to ensure that the architecture decisions are being executed and the team is following coding standards and architecture guidelines
- Consult the engineering team with ongoing projects
- Help the engineering team align solutions with the Tempo architecture vision and industry best practices
- Make software design (application-level) decisions with the team, take software architecture topics for further consideration and unificationEnsure technical knowledge sharing between development teams on related or similar projects
- Lead the research on specific topics, experiment with various technologies, and provide recommendations based on your findings
- Proactively identify technical debt and product areas that require attention or improvement at the architecture level
- Constantly develop yourself and the team in technology advancements, research new approaches, tools and best practices in the software architecture and design space
- Suggest improvements to our technology stack to optimize it for strategic growth and the competitive advantage of Tempo
The Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of front-end web development experience — preference is given to candidates who have maintained or architected large scale applications
- Experience in facilitating even the most heated discussions, ability to resolve them and take responsibility for the decisions
- Track record of delivering successful solutions as a leader
- Be a world-class individual contributor
- Experience working with or building unified UI libraries
- Clear understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Experience with a variety of web application designs, including monolithic and
- SOA, understanding of service breakdown and communication principles
- Experience guiding the continuous improvement of process and technology
- Strong sense of ownership; you take responsibility for the success of the engineering teams
- Commitment to quality; you take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself
- Abstract thinking while paying attention to meaningful details
- Ability to take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent studies would be an asset
What's In It For You
- Remote work!
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada and Iceland
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Come and join our amazing & high-performing tech team!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈