Front-End Shopify Developer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Remote / West Coast of Canada
Our ideal candidate has a passion for the work they produce, a drive to grow their knowledge through code-reviews and industry research, and the ability to solution and communicate technical challenges. You will work closely with a team of strategists, designers, and developers to create leading ecommerce experiences that are user-focused, performant, and written with future reuse and maintainability in mind.
- Develop and maintain Shopify themes based on provided mockups.
- Write clean semantic code, emphasizing performance and usability.
- Identify and develop reusable patterns with component-based code.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including developers, designers, and project managers.
- Stay up to date and make recommendations regarding front-end technologies.
- Perform cross-device QA testing to support multiple browsers and device types.
- Work with leading Shopify Plus app partners such as ReCharge, Yotpo, Nosto, Smile and others.
- Formal web development related education and/or related work experience (2+ years).
- Solid understanding of modern front-end development techniques and solutions.
- Proficiency in the Shopify ecosystem (theming, CMS customization, etc.)
- Experienced with component-based or “atomic design” principles.
- Experienced with MVC, including templating languages (Liquid, Twig, or similar).
- Knowledgeable about version control with Git.
- Experienced with agile working sprints and daily project stand-ups.
- Able to strategize rapidly and are comfortable presenting your knowledge and ideas to others.
- Confident negotiating compromises between requirements, budget, user experience, and best practices.
- Openly share your passion for development in both your coding ability and personality.
- Actively contribute to ways we can improve the lives of our clients and team.
- Competitive health benefits plan.
- Remote work environment (optional co-workspace in Vancouver post COVID-19).
- Remote work allowance.
- Professional development allowance.
- MacBook Pro or PC Laptop for business use.
- Lunch & Learns.
- Career and personal growth planning through our OKR framework.
- Quarterly goal setting and bi-weekly 1:1s.
- Your choice of IDE (Sublime Text, VS Code, etc.)
- Codeship (for CI/CD automation)
- AWS (NodeJS on Lambda for Webhooks, custom OpsWorks environment for hosting)
- Harvest Time Tracking & Harvest Forecast
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈