3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Software Development
We're looking for a front-end developer to join our team of engineers who create and maintain THE go-to resource for designers and creative talent around the globe. We're searching for someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback and exhibits strong attention to detail
As a Front-End Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Planning, building, and iterating on new and existing features.
- Working alongside our product team to help shape how things work.
- Writing automated tests to ensure quality and consistent user experience.
- Identifying areas of improvement or technical debt within our code base, and working to resolve it.
- Contributing within a growth-minded culture to help drive growth to the business and for our community.
- Taking ownership of your work. Whether it's a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
We believe it’s important for you to be:
- Comfortable with remote: Dribbble is 100% distributed. You should be able to work independently (though we collaborate continuously). Dribbble prides itself on being a remote company; our entire organization works from their home office, co-working space or coffee shop. Remote isn’t for everyone, and our engineers know how to stay focused and get their work out on time.
- A self starter: We're not big on micromanaging around here, so you're comfortable managing your own time, working independently, while knowing when to ask for help.
- A problem solver: Working at the scale that we do, we need an engineer who loves working with their team to determine smart solutions for our users.
- A solid team mate: Whether it be in code reviews, pair programming or just chatting with your colleagues, the desire to help your team be better and stronger is a driving factor at Dribbble.
- A thorough tester: With the amount of traffic our site gets, testing is a requirement, not a nice to have. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable in writing tests for their features, and understanding that we never push to production without passing tests.
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important skills that we haven’t considered. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Our tech stack:
- Ruby on Rails
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere: We are a 100% distributed team.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Unplug: Get at least 22 days of paid time off every year + 20 official company holidays (we celebrate both US & Canadian holiday calendars).
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro and all the tools you need to do a great job
- Get your learn on: We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family leave: Paid maternity/paternity leave for US employees.
- Perk up: Monthly coffee budget so you’re not just loitering at coffee shops.
- Buff up: Gym and exercise reimbursements to support you in staying healthy
- Save up: Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out: Meet up with your remote team face-to-face at least once annually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈