Front End Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Weaveworks was founded in 2014 and is the company behind popular Kubernetes tools like Flux, Scope, Cortex, EKSCTL (the official CLI for Amazon EKS) and the flagship enterprise product Weave Kubernetes Platform (WKP).
Our mission is to help the world's leading organizations adopt Kubernetes and other Cloud Native technologies and working practices. Enterprises use our products and services to build better software and operate it reliably, at scale. Our approach brings together container-based application deployment, Kubernetes, and operations tooling in a model we call GitOps.
We are looking for several front end engineers to help us deliver delightful user experiences to technology professionals - both developers and platform teams. That's right, our products are quite technical and are aimed at people just like you - you'll be building tools that you yourself would want to use. You will be helping to develop and maintain products and tools which make managing and using both cloud-managed and on-premise Kubernetes installations easy.
We want to bring energetic, empathetic and collaborative engineers into our team that enjoy having an impact on product and a focus on delivery. From initial product feature idea through to backlog refinement, testing, customer feedback, and on-going support, you'll be contributing to the full software development lifecycle. You'll work closely with the design and product teams to turn user stories into those engaging and accessible user interfaces. Of course, you'll also work closely with backend engineers, software developers in test and others in a balanced, agile team.
- Write reactive web UIs that display complex data and are easy to navigate.
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews.
- Be proactive and propose improvements to our product.
- Evaluate and implement new front-end technology.
- Have strong design and UX sensibilities
- Are excited by developer tooling
- Are comfortable working in a fully remote and distributed team
- Have a team-first mindset and demonstrate curiosity
- Like working in an agile environment and getting things done iteratively to make things better for our users
- Enjoy communicating, collaborating, and helping each other out :)
- Experience creating wireframes and UI/UX designs
- An understanding of client-side performance considerations
- Experience diagnosing and fixing frontend security issues
- Kubernetes experience, standalone and as part of the public cloud providers
Weaveworks is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Weaveworks considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. Weaveworks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Black lives matter.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈