Front End Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Revolution Math is an innovative program designed to help 2nd-5th graders develop their math skills and an overall love of learning. The live, online interface integrates an interactive learning experience with a story-based curriculum and Common Core aligned math games. Students enjoy a small class size of only 4 students, allowing them to build confidence under the instruction of a dedicated tutor.
We are seeking to hire a project-based Front-End Software Engineer who can contribute to the rapid development of our ongoing marketing efforts. Principal responsibilities include building landing pages and other forms and coupling them into seamless marketing campaigns. You will work on a lean team with a full-stack developer, and communicate with API(s) using standard methods. Developing a functional understanding of all of the components of our platform and infrastructure will be required.
The ideal candidate thrives on being challenged and is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment. Revolution is a highly entrepreneurial organization that seeks to be a leading innovator in the educational industry, and our talented team of Revolutionaries is dedicated to the cause. As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will be a critical component in that effort.
- Develop dynamic landing pages and e-mail templates for marketing campaigns
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Evaluate the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, including cross-browser compatibility
- Optimize applications that maximize speed and scalability on mobile and desktop
- Build features that consume data from external web services
- Create config, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- Ensure a clear dependency chain for application logic as well as file systems
- Experience with jQuery, WordPress, PHP, MySQL and Git
- Experience with AngularJS and Angular
- Experience with implementing tracking pixels and scripts for marketing attribution
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Ability to become proficient in any new programming language or tool quickly
- Work efficiently under tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changes
- Understand and incorporate branding and marketing requirements
- 2 years' work experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience with Vue.JS, VueX, and Nuxt.JS
- Familiarity with email service providers like Vero, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign
- Understanding of SCSS/SASS-type preprocessors, minimization, and optimization
- Strong understanding of graphic design, visual communication, and design acuity
- Proficient in Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
Please include a resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio.
Hourly pay commensurate with experience, with the potential for the position to become full-time. Hours per week will fluctuate, but should generally be in the 15-20 hrs/week range.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!