Front End Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: Software Development
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help improve and build out a complex react + redux application that interfaces with a rails backend.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
You can expect top-of-the-market pay, flexible hours, and a balanced work week.
What you'll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers in building out interfaces that match designs. These interfaces consume and create data from a rails backend. Your input will help drive the direction and format of data endpoints and your day to day efforts will include communicating architecture choices to other team members. You will also help with mentoring and teaching mid and junior level developers on the same team
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
- 2+ years experience working with React
- A solid understand of API design and how backend systems work (bonus if has used Rails)
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand easily
- Understand and describe how application state changes over time.
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
Must be located within the US.
This is a salaried role. Oddball does offer tech, and a continuing education stipend.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!