Front End Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
Front-End Developer (Remote Working or Glasgow)
- Full Time | 40 hours pw
- Remote working (UK) or Glasgow
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
We are a recognised leader in the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) field, having acted as consultant, designer and systems and software developers on projects with local and national highway and transport organisations, in the UK and overseas. Our professionals bring expertise across the broad spectrum from policy development and concept design, through software and systems development to operations and maintenance. The firm has significant experience in the fields of strategy and policy, traffic management and network operation, traveller information systems, data analysis, ticketing and smart cards, tolling and security.
Our Development team is principally based in Glasgow and includes software and web developers, user interface designers, database developers and administrators and test and release engineers supported by project managers and ITS professionals. We offer training, support and career development for all our staff within their relevant fields of expertise. Equally we appreciate the value to our staff and the firm in developing cross disciplines skills and gaining experience across all areas of our business.
This role can be based remotely but would ideally be within range of Glasgow, London, Birmingham or Newark so that some time might be spent in an IBI Office when our return to office plan is in place.
We are seeking a Front-End Developer / Designer to join our Intelligence sector team. The successful candidate must have strong design and technical skills with an open mind to emerging development techniques and technologies, they will have a willingness to learn and apply their knowledge and experience in making informed design and architectural decisions with the ability to communicate those decisions and build consensus within the wider team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requirements Capture, Analysis, Design, Development and Debugging of systems and applications
- UI / UX design including storyboarding / workshops etc
- Work with software developers, project managers and client operations teams to design, produce, enhance and maintain applications
- Research new technologies for eventual implementation in enhancing systems, web applications and websites
- Participate in the overall functioning of the development team using industry standards and best practices
- Peer reviewing and testing of other team members' work
Skills and Qualifications:
- A good Bachelors’ with honours or Masters’ degree in a design or technical discipline or equivalent portfolio.
- A minimum of four years professional experience in relevant roles.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate complex information and ideas to colleagues and clients and works to build consensus.
Some experience or knowledge of any of the following is not essential but would be warmly received:
- Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS
- Node.js development
- Agile methodology
- NoSQL such as MongoDB, Redis
- React Native
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefits package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈