Front End Developer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
We need an amazing front-end developer to bring our creative – and sometimes challenging – designs to life. Your skills should be more than about speed. What we're looking for is someone who's strategic and can think through the overall design to anticipate future needs.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implement and maintain eCommerce sites
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with internal teams and client teams
- Decipher technical documentation for APIs, eCommerce systems, open
source projects, etc.
- Clearly communicate recommended solutions to team members and clients both verbally and in written documentation
- Provide leading-edge technical solutions
- Rigorously educate yourself with the latest development techniques and best practices
- Implement new eCommerce digital technologies or development techniques that help to
meet client goals and business objectives
- Collaborate internally to continue to improve process and company growth
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning eCommerce sites using HTML/CSS/Liquid/JS
2+ years of experience in front-end development for the web
Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as
SASS and LESS
A desire for continued education and enjoys keeping up with tech industry
trends and learning new technologies
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to
work around them
Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will
adhere to them
Ability to collaborate effectively and communicate clearly, especially in
dealing with non-technical team members and/or clients
Creative problem-solver and out-of-the-box thinker
Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and
Big Plus Experience with Shopify Plus or Shopify
- Big Plus Experience working with other eCommerce platforms (Magento, etc.)
Big Plus Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
Big Plus Versed in agile development and best practices
- You offer help before someone has to ask.
- You're not afraid to tell a joke (even if it's a bad one.)
- You ask “why?”
- You want to help build a better company because it is good for you and the person sitting next to you.
- You strive to find the opportunity in every obstacle.
- You smile, even frown at times, laugh, & try hard!
A Mac-based office; state of the art MacBook Pros and Cinema Displays at every desk
Complex, challenging projects and incredible clients that inspire out of the box thinking
An accommodating, collaborative, and open environment in which culture and personality is valued and respected.
Involvement and input into every phase of a project
Healthcare including dental, vision, and life.
We offer a 3% match on our IRA plan
Paid time off
Varied continuing education to build on professional and personal skills
Healthy Snack supply from SnackNation
Recruiters and agencies need not apply.
We love brands that believe how they sell is as important as what they sell. That's why our team is comprised of experienced strategists who are fueled by a deep understanding of our clients' business and customers. Our team is dedicated to building and optimizing eCommerce sites that shoppers love, and retention tactics that keep them coming back. We're an eCommerce and Shopify agency combining the best UX design, technology, and analytics to produce superior results.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈