Founding team Software Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
At Tillit, we’re passionate about building software that helps B2B Merchants sell more, faster, and more efficiently. We partner with small and large businesses to transform how they receive payments from their customers. Our software is used to make the checkout process frictionless - implementing for the first time true one-click purchasing for businesses selling to other businesses.
Tillit's software helps to increase sales conversion, gets Merchants paid quickly, reliably, and with no credit risk, and frees up cash so they can concentrate on what they do best-providing their customers with world-class goods and services.
We are presently building our main talent hubs in Oslo and London with a plan to expand to key European locations over the next 12 months. If you aren't based in either London or Oslo but are keen to explore the role further, we'd love to hear from you — Tillit is a remote-friendly company, with a flexible working policy accommodating onsite and remote teams, with the expectation that travel to our hubs will be required when needed.
About the role:
- Software Engineers build products that solve some of our customers' core problems. As a Software Engineer, you'll contribute high-quality code to Tillit's suite of products that are mission-critical to eCommerce merchants across Europe, and soon enough around the world
- Tillit's Product Development organization is made up of small teams of Software Engineers. Each team focuses on a specific aspect of a product. For example, you may be part of a team that builds a Tillit front-end application, or a component of the Evergreen API. We encourage movement among teams to share context, skills, and experience, so you'll learn about many different aspects of each product
- Software Engineers are involved throughout the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution, and shipping. As a Software Engineer, you'll collaborate closely with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand our customers' problems and build products that solve them. We think the best way to understand what our users need is to meet them, so occasionally, you'll visit our customers, and come to understand their mission and their pain points
- It doesn’t matter what languages you know when you join us, but it does matter that you can write clean, effective code and learn new languages quickly. Our software is constantly evolving, so we need engineers who can do the same
- Willingness and enthusiasm to do what it takes to get things done, leading by example and getting involved with the team’s day-to-day work
- A focus on impact and an ability to articulate the value your work provides.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Building, testing, and releasing product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements; these features, for example, could be related to KYC, credit decision, settlement, accounting, or security
- Designing a solution with other engineers and the ops team to fix a scalability problem and then implement it
- Contributing to open-source projects
- Core Tillit products provide the foundations for our deployments.
- Golang for our back-end applications and data integration tools.
- Python for data processing and analysis.
- Tillit cloud infrastructure is based on Google Cloud Platform.
- Typescript, React, Leaflet, and d3 for our web technologies.
- Postgres, Hadoop, and Spark for distributed data storage and parallel computing.
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, and Physics or relevant experience
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, APIs, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with a variety of individuals. You can iterate with users and non-technical stakeholders and understand how your technical decisions impact them
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- A desire to work on software that has an outsized impact, and a passion for creating intuitive, scalable products
- Genuine flexibility in how you work - because you're an adult, and it's what you do that matters, not what hours you work.
- Laptop of choice —The equivalent of a 13" Macbook pro.
- A share options scheme - so that Tillit's success is your success.
- 500 Euros Learning and training annual allowance.
- Other accessories: 27" inch monitor, keyboard, mouse for office, and a 50% subsidy towards the purchase of home office equipment.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈