Expert Backend Engineer
6 days ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: UK, Germany, France, & the Netherlands
Category: Software Development
You will be working in an agile "build it and run it" environment where engineering teams build, launch, monitor, and support the product that they own.
We are looking for passion in creating systems by producing clean, consistent, and well-organized code. As well as a good team player supporting colleagues and creating a learning and sharing environment!
The Tech team is growing as fast as the business, and we are looking for people to join us in multiple teams. Whether it will be on the management of customers and suppliers payments (Bucks), our after-sales and quality services (Customer Satisfaction), our merchant back-office tooling and interface, or just new teams for brand new products, the choice is yours!
- At least 5 years of experience as a talented developer.
- Love in distributed, high-volume services in Python (or any language) and good knowledge in shipping high-quality code (clean code, TDD, BDD, DDD, SOLID).
- Curiosity, proactivity, team spirit, and passion.
- Scrum and Kanban are not karate moves and you hate the V cycle.
- Great verbal and written communication skills, in English at least, French is a plus.
- Interest in our tech stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, RestFul API, Python, VueJs, Nuxt, Algolia, Datadog, Spinnaker, SQS, ElasticSearch, Nginx, UWSGI.
- Beginner chess players accepted. We also take those who prefer board games and musicians (we have a band!).
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, remote-friendly, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA, and now in Asia!
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded, and friendly environment.
BackMarket is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:UK, Germany, France, & the Netherlands.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈