Evening iOS Instructor
6 days ago
is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fundraising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the iOS Program Manager. As the Evening iOS Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
This is a contract position for 12-18 hours/week.
What You'll Do:
- Teach two evenings per week in our part-time, evening course; class hours: M-Th 6-9pm PST; Sat. 9am-12pm PST (~12 hours/week)
- Deliver iOS course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Report on student progress and success throughout the course
- Coordinate efforts with the course project managers (PMs) to ensure PMs understand the nuances of the course and reporting mechanisms so the PMs can effectively support students’ learning
- Collaborate with other iOS instructors, student success team, and labs team as needed
What You'll Need:
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in the iOS/Software Development industry
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in the technical field
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in iOS development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
This is a contract position for 12-18 hours/week. Evening course hours are Monday through Thursday 6pm to 9pm Pacific and Saturdays 9am to 12pm Pacific.
At Lambda School, we're looking to hire people with grit and integrity. Please apply even if your experience and interests aren't an exact match with what we've laid out in this job description. We're building something different at Lambda. If that sounds interesting, we want to hear from you.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!