Engineering Manager (m/f/d)
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Selected Countries
Category: Software Development
- We want you to lead and inspire. Make sure people are well equipped to work in our organization and help them to improve.
- We expect you to act as a catalyst for good agile practices. Support the team in getting the most out of their retrospectives and help them refine their planning and forecasting.
- We are constantly thinking about our users. Obviously there are lots of people in the organization who are even closer to them, from customer service agents to account managers and of course our product team. Nonetheless, it is our job to ask “why?” a lot, challenge assumptions and bring our unique perspective as software engineers to the table.
- We hate complacency. Everyone is expected to share knowledge, give feedback, support others to grow and display leadership when the team needs it most.
- First of all at least a good amount of years of relevant experience. We won’t commit to a minimum number, but we expect you to have managed a cross-functional team of engineers in an agile environment before and that you can hold your own as a senior software engineer.
- As a hands-on manager, you will spend a good share of your time close to the code. You should feel motivated to work in that capacity.
- At cargo.one growth is a priority. You should be interested in and passionate about developing people personally and professionally as well as have experience dealing with complex people issues.
- You should be interested in building an amazing product. Have empathy for the user. Care about the work we do here and enjoy the opportunity to influence an industry.
- You have to be an active and open collaborator and communicator, in and outside the team. Verbal and written communication are both highly relevant to what we are doing.
- We value a good theoretical foundation. Never used Python before? Not a problem from our perspective. If you have experience with Ruby, Java, Go, PHP or something similar, you will be up to speed quickly. Much more important is that you have a strong understanding of fundamentals.
- Serve the team. If you plow through the tasks you picked but your team struggles to deliver on another aspect of the sprint, nothing is won.
⚠️This position is remote. We can currently hire you in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Selected Countries.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈