1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Socialive is an enterprise video creation & live streaming software company based in El Segundo, California. Our powerful yet intuitive platform makes it refreshingly easy to capture, create, and distribute video. We empower teams across the organization, including marketing, internal comms, and learning & development – and we're helping drive the video commerce revolution. Socialive customers include startups to the Fortune 100 – such as J.P. Morgan, Walmart, Pfizer, Adobe, and Audible. We're on a mission to radically simplify how the world makes video. Join us.
About the role:
Socialive is seeking an engineering manager for our frontend team as we expand and grow. As an engineering manager, you'll be responsible for:
- Lead a team of frontend engineers, fostering a positive and collaborative remote work environment
- Mentoring the engineers on your team and coaching them in their career growth
- Owning the quality and reliability of the projects owned by your team
- Working with our team of engineering leaders and product managers to estimate and deliver critical features while reducing risk and maintaining quality, identifying dependencies, and supporting deliverables across the entire product space
- Leading the team's focus on best-in-class engineering principles and process, from code architecture and quality to agile processes and ceremonies
- Maintaining a significant presence in the day-to-day engineering, including working hands-on with code contributions, code reviews, and supporting features in production
Technologies you'll work with and experience you'll ideally bring:
- Managing WebRTC connections and streams in a responsive, dynamic layout
- Adopting and driving a test-forward approach with unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Working with Atlassian tools (Bitbucket/Git, Jira, Confluence)
- Working with CI/CD and observability tooling
- Hosting and supporting applications in AWS
This position is 100% remote, based in the US.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈