1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
We are seeking an experienced Elixir Developer to work on exciting client projects at DockYard on a 100% distributed team of exceptional professionals!
DockYard is a 100% remote software consultancy that specializes in web applications. We have in-house designers, developers, and project managers, and we are looking for an Elixir developer to join our growing team. You’ll work alongside talented individuals on groundbreaking projects for the world’s largest companies.
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is a champion for diversity and inclusion, is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and industry best practices.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with a focus on providing an exceptional working environment. Some of these benefits include:
- 100% Remote workforce
- 100% DockYard paid medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D starting Day 1
- 401(k) offered through Vanguard
- Substantial paid time off
- Conference stipend
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Some travel required.
- Production experience with Elixir & Phoenix
- Solid understanding of OTP
- Experience designing and working with relational database systems (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience developing backend services and JSON APIs to power single-page web applications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working in a remote team
We are aware of a recent social engineering scam involving employment and interview offers from imposters and we'd like to apologize for any confusion. Our team employs a rigorous hiring process for qualifying candidates and would never ask you to cash a check for us.If you have any questions about the status of an application, are wondering if you've been contacted by an authorized employee, or have any similar cause for concern, please do not hesitate to contact our incredible hiring team at [email protected]. Once again, thank you for your support and we apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!