Elasticsearch - Senior Go Engineer - Language Clients
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Right now, we are looking to add a hardworking Go Engineer to collaborate within a small, globally distributed team. You will be joining a dedicated team for Language Clients within Elasticsearch. Our primary responsibility is to make sure that folks who use our official language clients have a great experience when integrating with any part of the Elastic Stack.
What you will be doing
- Be the face of the elasticsearch official Go language client
- Maintain and moderate the language clients
- Contribute to other language clients as appropriate
- Drive community engagement and adoption
- Keep pace with Elastic Stack releases
- Build-out our continuous integration tests, functional specifications and dashboard
- Help maintain and develop best practices for language client development
What you bring along
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience
- Strong Go coding skills and an interest in what goes on in the Go developer ecosystem
- Experience in other development languages (such as Perl, Java, Ruby, Rust) is a plus
- Ready to be part of a high-performing and distributed team; self-motivated with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Happy to get involved with our community; not afraid to reach out and be reached out to
- Experience with the Elastic Stack is preferred
- Open Source project contribution experience is preferred
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈