Drupal Tech Lead
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: Software Development
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45 people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
We design, build, and support websites for clients who want to make a positive impact.
All done with craftsmanship, a bit of whimsy, and the desire for a better web.
As our business continues to grow rapidly, so does our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Drupal Developer.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
It was the love of the open source community and the direct need she saw for an agency focused around customer success that drove Anne to build Kanopi.
She envisioned Kanopi’s workplace to be a place where the clients and employees alike would feel connected and supported. A place where she could feel 100% confident that every detail of every project would be covered. She imagined a place where all who engaged with Kanopi would feel surprised and delighted by the day-to-day operations.
With that vision in mind, Kanopi Studios was born. Kanopi Studios is now a team of 45 people, where 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals. Kanopi is about good work with good people creating a better web for everyone.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Drupal Tech Lead is responsible for:
As a Technical Lead you are able to visualize the project architecture and lead the technical team throughout execution. It is your overall responsibility to ensure technical development is on track. You will create user stories with level of effort estimates, work with clients directly, and manage developers by encouraging productivity, quality and accountability. You will focus your efforts to meet development schedules, stated estimates, technical specifications and design requirements. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, Chief Technology Officer.
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of Drupal sites.
- Talking directly with clients about their technical challenges and business needs and documenting their requirements.
- Working with UX, Design, and management team members to plan a project in the early phases.
- Owning the project team’s overall technical approach, defining project tasks and estimates, and being a point of continuity.
- Providing architectural vision that helps your developers guide their implementation decisions.
- Answering questions from and providing mentorship to others on your team.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of Drupal experience providing technical solutions and consulting.
- Have strong writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Have experience managing and working with distributed project teams.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage an issue queue and stay ahead of the client.
- Have the ability to deal with a fast paced environment, multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Possess strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Have an awareness of performance, configuration and development best practices.
- Possess PHP coding, SQL administration and optimization, and Unix/Linux server administration.
- Have a passion for the web, open source development, and working with a bunch of fun people with a great sense of humor.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer these two questions:
- Over the past year, what has been your most important achievement, either professional or personal?
- If you were a superhero (heck, maybe you already are!), what would be your superpower and why?
If we feel like you may well be the perfect candidate, we’ll contact you to set up a short phone screen to kick off the interview process. While we will try to contact every person who applies, even if we are not moving forward, we will only have conversations with those folks who are a good fit for the role.
Kanopi is a distributed agency—meaning that we get the job done from our homes, from a co-working space or coffee shop—wherever we do our best work. We are collaborative and dedicated to creating awesome websites for our clients.
Benefits of Working at Kanopi
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!