4 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: US or Europe
Category: Software Development
D2iQ is seeking a full-time or part-time contract software engineer to be responsible for updating, improving, and maintaining our customer documentation website, technologies and tools.
- Experience owning a project from gathering requirements and proposing a design to testing the implementation.
- Extensive experience with version control systems (Perforce, Git), must be able to debug.
- Experience writing CSS for websites.
- Experience with Jekyll or another static site generator.
- Excellent scripting skills with Bash/sh, Ruby, Perl, or Python.
- Prior experience working with Mac OS, Linux and/or UNIX environments. Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces.
- Extensive experience in Markdown.
- Experience creating workflows for content development and management
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins, Team City) and Build
- Experience with containerization
- Knowledge of these a plus:
- Automation. (Ant, Maven, Gradle, SBT) , especially building customized CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience developing functional and performance test frameworks on continuous integration tools, such as writing plugins.
- Familiar with content management approaches and concepts.
- Familiar with docs-as-code model.
- Experience administering a Content Management System.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
D2iQ is looking for a contractor/consultant to:
- Act as a PO/PM and:
- Assess the needs of the documentation site.
- Choose a tech stack.
- Design and code the components to enable the user experience needed to handle and navigate 3+ versioned products, and their services catalogs (which are also versioned), and expand this to new products
- Advise on git workflows for documentation development.
- Code the system to work with markdown files for our engineers and pull files from multiple repos, write tests the site, write the docker scripts to containerize it and deploy to jenkins or similar CI/CD pipeline and get it deployed to either a paid service like Netlify or Heroku, or to the company production cluster, in order to ensure a set min of uptime.
- Write a guide for how docs now get contributed, what those build processes are, and write tests to validate the content coming in so that we don't worry so much about formatting issues or language use or files in the wrong places.
- Work with the existing UX team to update the CSS of the docs website.
- Advise on a replacement static site generator.
- Advise on a WYSIWIG for Markdown.
- Advise on a new search engine for content.
- Help evaluate and choose a reporting tool that works with JIRA and GitHub.
- Implement automation where there are opportunities to use it.
- Advise on tool to automatically update links in new versions.
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!