Director of Engineering
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer-centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it's through our direct-to-consumer or business-to-consumer products through partnerships with some of the world's largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Tucson, Calgary, Singapore, and New Delhi, but also remote employees in 14 states across the U.S. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- Core Product, Atlas
We are building a platform that helps customers achieve their financial goals and ambitions by creating compelling, customer-centric digital experiences that deepen banking relationships and enable discovery of needs and delivery of advice.
SigFig Atlas is well-positioned to enable our partner banks to meaningfully connect with customers through increasingly digital and remote channels. Come join the team in the early stages of a new product line!
The Opportunity -- Director of Engineering
SigFig is looking for an engineering leader to grow and manage a high-caliber engineering team working on a new product line. The ideal candidate has a successful track record of shipping rapidly and has experience building Enterprise software in the fintech space. You will work closely with a Product Manager and lead a full stack team leveraging technologies such as PHP, ReactJS, Laravel, and AWS.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Have overall responsibility developing an enterprise-grade digital solution that guides customers through rich needs-discovery journeys and connects them to the right banking services.
- Work collaboratively with product owners and the business on feature development, and communicate effectively with a commitment to be part of a successful team. Be a key contributor to roadmap planning and product definition.
- Hire and grow a team of engineers in the U.S. and India to deliver business results. Instill a culture of technical excellence and rapid innovation.
- Mentor and develop engineers to execute at their highest abilities, advancing them further in their careers.
- Review and consult on code and architecture decisions.
- Lastly, be willing to roll up your sleeves to help the team succeed (whether it's jumping on a call to help close a large partnership or doing a regression test prior to a release).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and minimum of 10-15 years of experience.
- 8+ years of experience as an engineering people manager and several years of hands-on software development
- 3+ years of experience using MVC frameworks, such as Laravel, and Symfony.
- 3+ years of experience with developing and implementing web applications.
- 3+ years of experience with templating engines like Blade or Twig.
- 3+ years of experience with microservices and REST APIs.
- 3+ yrs experience on DevOps tools like Git, Jenkins, Docker.
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying secure web applications on the public cloud.
- A deep understanding of Vapor is a plus.
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on the cloud, preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2006, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈