Director of Backend Engineering
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
First appeared on StackOverflow
Category: Software Development
Redox is a distributed company building the platform for the next generation of healthcare software. We are looking for an experienced Director of Backend Engineering to: - Grow strong, inclusive, and psychologically safe teams that can effectively address changing product needs and priorities. - Develop and mentor engineering leaders. - Influence technical and product direction. - Create and manage a yearly budget. The teams you would lead are responsible for our core data processing pipeline and supporting applications. Their responsibilities include: - Stability, accuracy, and throughput for near real time transaction processing. - Integrating with various data formats, standards, and communication methods. - Configuration, analytics, and error handling for transaction processing. The engineering leader who joins our team will collaborate across the Product Management, Product Delivery, and Engineering organizations to create change and empower the success of our application developers. Please apply if you are:
- Interested in working in and fostering a respectful, psychologically safe, inclusive environment focused on impact and personal growth.
- Motivated to shape intelligent, responsible engineers and their environment into teams that autonomously and consistently own business outcomes.
- Passionate about solving complex problems.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn.
- Biased towards action and creating positive impact.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and capable of turning complex problems into actionable plans.
Your opportunities in this role include:
- Helping to define and foster our Engineering culture across multiple teams.
- Building and executing on long term visions and plans for multiple teams.
- Developing leaders within your teams and mentoring future leaders across the organization.
- Strengthening and improving our processes to ensure consistent execution in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Engaging with customers and other industry leaders to share challenges, best practices, and future direction.
- Helping connect team members to our mission, the company, and each other as they go about their daily work.
- Fostering employee growth by providing continual feedback, creating individual growth plans, and performing twice-yearly reviews.
- Coaching team members to: Increase their understanding of the business problems they are solving, identify and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders, evaluate risks and make explicit tradeoff decisions in their solutions, think more holistically about their solutions over a longer time horizon as they solve more complex problems.
- You built highly effective application engineering teams in past roles.
- You worked as an Engineering leader for 5+ years.
- You understand agile methodologies and their use cases.
- You effectively debug and address interpersonal, team process, and cross-team collaboration issues.
- You possess programming experience in at least one high level language.
- You led teams in a growth stage company.
- You led teams who built applications hosted in AWS.
- You possess healthcare and / or interoperability experience.
It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of the areas outlined above. Please apply even if you are not sure you meet all these criteria. If you are interested in the role and think it could be a fit, we'd like to hear from you.
About Redox: What We Do Healthcare organizations and technology vendors connect to Redox once, then authorize what data they send to and receive from partners through a centralized hub. Redox's cloud-based platform is vendor and standards agnostic and enables the secure and efficient exchange of healthcare data. This approach eradicates the need for point-to-point integrations and accelerates the discovery, adoption, and distribution of patient and provider-facing technology solutions. With hundreds of healthcare organizations and technology vendors exchanging data today, Redox represents the largest interoperable network in healthcare. Learn how you can leverage the Redox platform at www.redoxengine.com.
Redox is an EEO company. We fully support the diversity of our team! Here's a recent blog post about our stance on diversity and belonging: Diversity at Redox We believe in holding ourselves to a high standard of conduct. Here's how we think about this: Redox Code of Conduct Successful candidates must be eligible to be employed in the US, and must reside in the US. Thank you for your interest in Redox!
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!