1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK
Category: Software Development
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antartica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply or drop us a line, we’d love to talk to you!
What you will be doing
We are looking for a motivated and professional DevOps Engineer to help us maintain the best performing hosting architecture on the market.
You will be instrumental in making sure our architecture is always on the bleeding edge of technology remaining stable and high performing at all times. This involves:
- Optimizing server provisioning
- Fine tuning our servers on a system level and on application (WordPress) level
- Ensuring high scalability as the number of created VMs increases on our network
- Overseeing and ensuring smooth running and completion of server-wide updates
- Ensuring optimal software communication between our server architecture and our hosting platform (MyKinsta)
- Acting as an escalation point for our SysOps team if a bug or issue proves to be particularly difficult
- Creating tools to prevent or mitigate instances of high load, ensure security and stability throughout the system
- 4-year undergraduate / Bachelor's degree in computer engineering or computer science
- 5 years of experience working with Ubuntu
- 3 years of experience writing Bash, Python and Ansible scripts
- 3 years of experience with the standard WordPress stack (PHP, MySQL, WordPress)
- Experience with WP-CLI
- Experience with Nginx
- LUA scripting knowledge
- Excellent general understanding of Linux, cloud networking and server management
- Deep knowledge of Google Cloud based server architecture
- Strong experience automating against firewalls and network infrastructure (iptables)
- Experience working with ELK stack
- Technical awareness and ability to quickly understand new technologies
- Deep knowledge of LXC
- Experience working with ZFS
- Database query optimization
- Having worked in JIRA
- Good understanding of APIs and web service
- We offer a relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace
- We do not have any investors and we do not work directly with clients. This means we rarely have any deadlines and have the luxury of thinking features through and implementing them correctly instead of quickly
- Everyone has a voice in the development process
- We have an amazing design (UI and UX) team so development receives fully researched and designed tasks
- We work with only the newest and best technology
If you want to learn more about Kinsta and what it's like to work for our team, head to our website, Kinsta.com, and look for the About Us link in the footer.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!