Developer Relations (DevRel) Lead
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: European and US East Coast time zone
Category: Software Development
GitBook is a modern documentation platform backed by some of the best SaaS European VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower teams' intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge and share their docs with the world.
GitBook is loved by developers, trusted by thousands of teams within companies such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, and Google. We’ve reached over 1M users with the majority being developers. Our aim is to simplify developers’ lives and develop a collaboration platform that enables them to focus on their work while we take care of their docs. With this in mind we’re looking for our very first Developer Relations Lead (working remotely) to help us build a community around our product and raise awareness about what we do within the developer community.
We're currently working on a major product release to redefine "core team work" and our API is currently in beta. Your main mission will be to help us build our developer relations program from scratch, and guide us through the launch.
In your daily life, you will be in charge of:
- Gathering a deep understanding of the challenges, use cases and ambitions of developers using GitBook and channelling back this feedback to the product & engineering organization
- Boosting awareness around GitBook within the developer community and increasing the adoption of our product, with a focus on the open-source community (GitBook is free for open-source projects)
- Creating content to educate the ecosystem and helping potential users discover GitBook through various channels (Webinars / Blog / GitHub,...)
- Helping us take our API from beta to public through extensive user research and helping current API users solve their challenges through talking with them, helping us write our API docs and building working examples on top of it to showcase what’s possible
- Building a decentralized developer program by facilitating open-source initiatives built around our API, creating an engaged community of developers with the aim of extending what's possible with our platform
- Setting up listening and communication channels to build an audience that is interested into what we’re doing, contributing to existing open-source projects
- Discovering opportunities to empower existing developer communities through helping them getting started with GitBook, and launch partnerships / referral programs that can boost awareness around our product
- Your passion for programming and your strong technical background, as you still enjoy coding on a daily basis
- Your willingness to be present in the developer community and your track record of helping fellow developers
- Your natural communication skills as you love talking with people and presenting stuff both verbally and in written form
- Your experience working in a fast-paced environment, as you've partnered with product teams on shaping product launches
- Your ambition to own a developer program end-to-end and build a function from scratch
- Your creativity and your interest in marketing
- You've contributed or still contribute to open-source projects
- You've been an early developer advocacy hire at a fast growing startup before
- You're a GitBook user, or you've used GitBook in the past
- You have a meaningful social presence with engaged followers
Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to share our values.
While joining GitBook, you will also appreciate our Perks & Benefits.
- First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back to you whatever the decision)
- As the next step, our recruiter will call you so that both of you are able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
- Afterwards, you will be meeting with several members of our team during separate meetings in order to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life, etc.
- Then, you will have the opportunity to meet with the team to have a preview of GitBook's culture and daily life but also to learn more about GitBook's history, our vision and ambition, and ensuring you're also aligned with our culture and core values.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: European and US East Coast time zone.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈