Developer Advocate Lead
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Location: Remote. Preferably East/West U.S. Timezone.
Travel: Nonde during Covid period. Later, up to a few times a year.
We seek a developer advocate who can communicate Bit's vision, benefits, and how-to in both words and code. You will join in early enough to become a key team member in building Bit's teaching academy, defining its communication with the developer community, and work hands-on with customers including some of the world's best teams to learn and deliver valuable resources. Bit is taking off and you will be its no.1 advocate in and build a team.
What you'll do
As lead developer advocate you will:
- Create and own Bit's education center with valuable resources for the developer community and our customers.
- Work closely with R&D, Product, Business and Marketing to define and deliver high-impact assets together.
- Create videos, demos, examples projects, webinars, articles, tutorials, guides, and more assets that will provide an enjoyable experience to developers.
- Own, maintain, improve, and enrich Bit's technical documentation.
- Collaborate with other products and oss tools in our space to define, deliver, and communicate useful integrations and use-cases.
- Work hard to improve Bit's developer experience and make it A+ at every touchpoint: Cloud platform, UI, CLI, IDE, On-boarding and everything else.
- Be a motivated and fun team player that drives success and delivers amazing results while helping to keep our friendly, inclusive, and highly-positive team environment.
Who we're looking for
To become Bit's lead developer advocate you should be:
- A strong senior developer with at least 3 years of experience in web and front-end development with the modern web web stack (e.g. React etc).
- Experience as a developer advocate, developer evangelist, developer relations, developer experience, or a developer educator.
- Proven ability to create high-quality developer education resources such as product documentation, tutorials, webinars, videos, demos etc.
- Passionate about evangelizing and teaching great ideas, technologies, and products you believe in and want to help other people enjoy too.
- Understanding and ability to teach modern web development concepts such as design systems and micro frontends.
- Understanding of modern UI/UX design, and the developer - designer workflow.
- Impeccable work ethics, ambition to win, and highly team-oriented.
- Experience with multiple front-end frameworks - a plus.
- Experience with design tools (e.g. Figma) - a plus.
- Native or fluent English speaker, written and oral - a must.
- Be deep and smart, nice and awesome, yet incredibly motivated and result oriented.
At Bit we're building a platform that empowers teams to build better web projects than ever before. We aim to change the way, speed, and scale developers and product teams work together to build and ship modern web applications. Bit serves over 100,000 developers including some of the world's best teams, who's products you use every day.
Bit's unique product helps developers tap into the power of modular components. Unlike legacy tools built for the old web, Bit unlocks the power of modern web modularity, at every step from development to production. With Bit, teams ship powerful web applications in a fast, scalable, Collaborative, and consistent way. It's a better way to build software.
Bit is a diverse group of incredible people working together from all over the world as a fully remote, distributed team. We've raised over $12M to turn our component platform into the way ever team in the world builds and ships web applications together. Among our team members and investors you can find multiple unicron founders, who belive Bit will change the world.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈