2 weeks ago
At Fishtown Analytics, our mission is to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. The open-core product we build, dbt, is used and loved by thousands of companies with more joining every day. We’re looking for a developer relations advocate to scale our community function to be successful in the years to come.
In the past year, the dbt Community has more than doubled to 5,500+ people. Each of these people has a unique story and context, and our mission is to empower them to achieve their goals. Developer relations at Fishtown Analytics is a dynamic role -- some days we write blog posts, other days we drop in to meet with the data team from a Fortune 100 company. In this high-impact role, you can expect to shape the future of the dbt community, empowering thousands of analysts as you go.
Who we are
At Fishtown Analytics, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
--> Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
--> Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers--> Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
--> Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years we've built a community of 5,000+ people and 2,000 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt (https://www.getdbt.com/), has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry.
We’re on a mission to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. If this sounds like a mission you could get behind, we're excited to get your help to continue to power this growth into the future.
In this role you can expect to:
- Build deep relationships with highly-engaged members of the dbt community
- Communicate complex ideas & tactics to folks with a variety of different backgrounds and experiences
- Create momentum around and drive adoption of dbt through interactions with the community
- Create the next generation of dbt advocates and empower them to do the same
- Influence the direction of our product development by gathering feedback from our community
You are probably a good fit if…
- You are creative, empathetic, communicative, and clever
- You have previous experience working in a Developer Relations role (or similar)
- You are confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences, large and smallYou are adept at communicating technically complicated topics simply and elegantly
- You are naturally curious with great problem-solving skills
- You have previous experience using dbt or modern data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Spark, Presto, etc)
- You have previous experience working with or developing open source software
At Fishtown Analytics, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
Fishtown Analytics is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with a majority-distributed team. This role is open to folks based in the United States.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click
to report dead link!