Delivery Engineering Lead
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Software Development
Wagestream is the global leader in Earned Wage Access (EWA). We provide an income streaming solution for employers to give employees instant access to their earnings, and prevent them ever having to go into debt between pay cycles.
We were founded for a social purpose to reduce the poverty premium. We believe the monthly pay cycle is fundamentally broken and unfair to employees, and that we can fix it. We know financial services are better served through the employer, and have built a set of tools [track, stream, save, learn], that boost the financial resilience of a workforce and have a measurable and proven impact on employee retention and productivity.
We love our clients and do everything we can to support them. We already help 350,000 employees access their income when they need it, across some of the largest organisations in the UK including the NHS, Bupa, Holland & Barrett, Stonegate Pubs and Rentokil. In July 2020, Wagestream raised additional funding to expand into new markets in Europe and North America. Our mission is to provide fair financial services to all and our technology has started to create a whole new category; the workplace bank.
Delivery Engineering Lead
When an employer signs up for Wagestream, we integrate with their payroll, HR and WFM (workforce management) systems so that we know exactly how much employees have worked and earned. Although we've done 100+ of these integrations already, each one is a little bit unique and there are many more out there.
Forming part of the Delivery team, you will be at the heart of our mission, enabling people around the world to access their income as they earn it. With the support of our Sales Engineers and Delivery Managers, you will work directly with customers to integrate their systems with those of Wagestream. Every company uses slightly different terminology, jargon and data models, so the core engineering challenge is figuring out how to adapt and normalize these idiosyncrasies into a common framework, through both engineered and negotiated solutions.
As the Engineering Lead, you will set the precedent for quality and mentor other engineers on the team to embody best practices.
The technology stack is AWS+Python+Postgres. You should also have a strong command of SQL and a strong command of cloud-based architectures.
We'd love to talk with you if you:
- Are tenacious in problem-solving, able to use a mix of scalpel and sledgehammer to get the job done.
- Are the Sherlock Holmes of data engineering, actively listening and asking key questions when you detect a gap in knowledge.
- Are able to distill complex problems into accessible solutions, documenting and communicating to cross-functional teams.
- Are humble and willing to go above and beyond, guiding clients’ IT and software engineers around the best ways to get both our respective systems integrated.
- Are a technical mentor, able to pass on valuable guidance to improve your fellow team members’ skill sets.
- Bridge the gap between our Sales Engineering and Delivery units to ingest integration project initiatives and work them into a successful solution.
- Architect, develop, test, and maintain code to integrate with third-party payroll, HR and WFM systems.
- Interface with client IT teams, where needed, to extract information and guide solutions.
- Be a thought leader within both the Delivery team and broader engineering team on best practices, tools and technologies.
- May require very limited travel within the UK to attend and lead technical meetings.
(But if you’re close… that’s still a conversation we would like to have!)
- 7 years experience in professional software engineering, some in a client-facing role
- Experience in a leadership role preferred
- Mastery of the fundamentals of consuming APIs: REST, XML, yes even SOAP -- you should be comfortable consuming any API
- Firm grasp of PostgreSQL fundamentals
- Commercial experience developing in Python
- Ideal candidates will have experience in working within AWS. We are heavy users of DynamoDB, SQS, S3, SES, Lambdas, API Gateway, etc
- A solid internet connection -- we are a remote-first company
- Join a culture of trust and autonomy
- Have impact in a growing business with big plans
- We're a remote-first business - work from home or our London office - you choose!
- Enjoy 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays (up to 5 days rollover)
- We offer 12 weeks paid maternity leave and up to 4 weeks paternity leave for employees with over 12 months of service
- Get financially fit with our Aviva pension plan and free access to Wagestream service - naturally!
- Get physically fit with Evans Cycles Ride to Work scheme
- Undo it all with membership to The Wine Society (UK)
- Achieve zen with a Calm subscription
- Enjoy regular team socials, both remote and in-person
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈