Data Infrastructure Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Software Development
- Scaling a high load MySQL cluster making every and all optimizations necessary that are available to support higher throughput.
- Administrating and tuning Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, Apache Druid, Presto, and other data systems.
- Creating many, meaningful benchmarks to find any areas inside MySQL and/or other data systems that would increase performance.
- Architect kraken’s next evolution of data infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of open source SQL databases, in particular MariaDB / MySQL.
- Understanding of data models, structured data, replication, sharding and backup strategies for scaling and productionising the above.
- Strong working knowledge of Apache Kafka.
- Experience running MySQL on dedicated hardware.
- AWS cloud engineering expertise across VPC, EC2, RDS, Aurora, S3, EMR.
- Extremely proficient with best security practices
- Knowledge of at least one of: SycllaDB, CockroachDB, Cassandra, FoundationDB, Presto, Elasticseach, and / or Apache Druid.
- Kubernetes experience and / or certification
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈