1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Software Development
Otus is creating a culture of success while maximizing learning in the K-12 space. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You'll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
- Otus is a building a next generation Platform for EdTech in order to support our transformative vision for K-12 education across the US
- Model and architect our data in a way that will scale with the increasingly complex ways we’re analyzing it
- Build robust pipelines that make sure data is where it needs to be, when it needs to be there
- Build frameworks and tools to help others design and build their own data pipelines in a self-service manner
- Performance testing and engineering to ensure that our systems always scale to meet our needs
- Key member of the team focused on pure hands-on contribution to the implementation and operation of our data platform
- Breadth - Substantial experience as a high-performance Engineer across multiple environments on high-performance data systems that process data across various sources at a near real-time pace
- At least 1 project where you personally designed, implemented, and operated large scale, high throughput data pipelines with a focus on high data quality
- At least 1 other project where you built a secure, reliable, scalable system on AWS that saw significant traffic
- Depth - You can go up and down the stack from deep in the infrastructure up to the data, application, and client layers
- Speed - Experience with small teams that move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- Ownership and accountability - You own the things that you build
- Drive - When you see a need, you fill a need. You can step in where you see a need and push us all forward
- Modern Infra - Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Airflow, and Kafka
- Modern CI/CD - Hands-on experience with Codefresh, Spinnaker, Jenkins or similar
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and professional development spending
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one's), an interest day (to do something you love) and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave, and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and remote work so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!